Notices

The L in HALT

Old 08-25-2015, 11:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi all
Thank you soberwolf.
Well, I walked the last few days, 3 miles for 2 days in a row then an hour each the next two days. All it really did was make me tired sweaty and hot.
I take vitamins, I am trying to shape up the diet and have been trying different things.I eat steamed vegetables at least 2 or more servings a day except this week that I have been exceptionally down.
Mostly I just need friends or someone to keep my mind off things.
A lot of times I listen to stuff on youtube so it feels like someone is there.
It still gets lonely though.
When I get back I am on a schedule of having to get up at 7 a.m. every day for one of my jobs... not looking forward to it. Still very tired all the time. All the jobs I do are more like labor too it's not sitting around. Boyfriend always stays up all night and then sleeps til noon. It makes me feel bad. I wish I could sleep in, I need to... I feel like my body needs so much rest.
I am leaving the work place today it was at someone's house care taking some things and creatures.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:34 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
zjw

I can releate to the lack of sleep issues. I hit up a chircopractor last week on friday myself what did he find? my hip was locked up ont he left side he snapped it back into place and ALAS it quit putting so much pressure on the sciatic nerve I felt so much better though I still had some residual pain I slept good every night since till last night! I still am sore in the joint But I'm hopeful this will at least help my issue.

My point is some of my anxiety and discomfort and lack of sleep issues I think where at least helped by seeing this chiropractor him actually finding the problem which goes in line with what i had been having issues with (IE he iddnt just make some BS up) and correcting it for me.

I read I think it was in the power of now he tells a story of being at a party and no one speaking to him and the host comes over and asks if he is enjoying himself to which he smiles and says its the only thing that he is enjoying at this party.

My point is sometimes you can try and use this alone time to get to know / enjoy yourself. who knows what tommorrow brings you might beg for the alone time in another phase of life etc..
Old 08-25-2015, 11:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Try the Mental Health forum sleepie. They may have some good tips for you there. Good luck.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:21 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

zjw I've been alone my entire life.

I wonder if i have a sciatic thin g sometimes, my hips hurt and years ago from drawing bent over on the floor for hours every day after work I started getting bad lower back pain and hips also from always sleeping on cheap metal futons or the floor.
Sleeping on the floor sucks don't let anyone try and tell you otherwise.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:21 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm sorry you're feeling so lonely now.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:43 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks least
and everyone for responding.
it's good to know I am not alone at least if I have the internet
Old 08-25-2015, 01:55 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
zjw I've been alone my entire life.

I wonder if i have a sciatic thin g sometimes, my hips hurt and years ago from drawing bent over on the floor for hours every day after work I started getting bad lower back pain and hips also from always sleeping on cheap metal futons or the floor.
Sleeping on the floor sucks don't let anyone try and tell you otherwise.
You might be surprised at what a simple chiropracter visit can solve. I've walked around funny for as long as i can possibly remember. i've tossed and turne din bed for YEARS blaming my anxiety restless leggs and worry and sure all that is a factor to some degree. Never able to get comfortable mattress to mattress to floor to air mattress i could never get comfortable. shoes wearing wierd constant pain.

In about 5 seconds the chiropractor fixed tons of it! *SNAP* went my hip and i was like OMFG cost me 100 bucks i woulda paid 10 grand for this if you told me it was gonna work!

Not saying its gonna work for you but ya never know. Back issues and such like this can present themselvs as anxiety and such.

and my wife nagged me to go to a chiropracter for i dunno 8 months and i was like no thats BS they dont do nothing ::facepalm::
Old 08-25-2015, 01:58 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
zjw

yeah at least posting here and such you got some people. I know its not the same as local friends. I wish i had a couple good local friends once in a while. But I'm greatful for some of the friends I have via the web.

you know its almost just like a different dynamic to friendships. I still would like personal interaction the most. But the worlds changing i have friends all over the globe now. But only 1 good friend and no local ones.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi sleepie,

I can relate to the no bathing thing.....I definitely went a week w o a shower.......it actually hurt my skin to take a shower......but once I got out of the shower.......I felt.....glorious........on loneliness......I'm a lone wolf......I prefer to be alone and entertain myself......I go to movies, shop, restaurants, exercise, check out new places......whatever I want. That is completely freeing. I'd rather be alone than in the wrong company. I go visit people when I feel like it ......and I stay outta bars......if they wanna go to a bar.......I'll see ya.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

I have found the deepest friendships of my entire life in AA.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:33 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

finally showered.
i think if i had money to spend being alone wouldn't be so bad.
poor and alone, not really.
I have one aa friend but mostly he yells at me and is a snap case, he wants to talk about aa only all the time and if I dare disagree I get reamed verbally.
I don't get it.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:47 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

I'm thinking loneliness might be a spiritual condition. My drinking isolated me in many ways for obvious reasons, but when I was getting sober in AA I could be in a room full of nice friendly people and still feel absolutely alone.

The basic problem was I had not "joined in the brotherly and harmonious action" with the others. I was still apart, still different, thinking I was the worst case ever to walk through their door, thinking they would chuck me out if they knew what I was really like.

I didn't lose that loneliness until I joined in the action and became a part of it all.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:29 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Maybe.
i do have a learning disorder that makes most of my relationships fail after awhile. Or I end up getting used.
When I was a kid I dealt with the social isolation by staying in my room and listening to music and reading obsessively. And drawing, sometimes.
I still gravitate to the smallest room in a place if I am staying there and live out of the room and hardly leave it.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
zjw

yeah i'm finding most of my friendships seem to fail. I think its normal to some degree. Mom always said when you die you'll be able to count all your good friends on one hand.

In my case I feel like the last couple where my fault. I keep thinking I could have done something more even tho I realize in both situations things got toxic and I'm not sure more really could have been done.

I think its just how it is. people pass through our lives for a season and then go on. It sort of stinks if your on the hunt for those few great long term friendships tho becuase those are few and far between.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

The way I see it Sleepi, is alcoholism in and of itself is isolating. I believe any drug is a crutch we need to feel comfortable in our own skin.

We all have not gone through exactly what you have , because life experiences are different.....but you can bet we have all had a hard time living with ourselves and the world around us. We all have our own hell to crawl out of , so to speak. I will tell you this---I never had a BEST friend--acquaintances only--never trusted anyone enough to count on another person---Probably why I drank.

Getting through recovery is a life changing experience and I went from self-loathing (like you) to being my Own best friend and truly loving my own company better than anyone. I am finally comfortable in my own skin, and would bet most in recovery would say the same thing. Getting sober is truly a spiritual gift---some of us are lucky enough to know that feeling. I sincerely hope you will be one of the lucky ones. Learn to love yourself, Sleepi, let go of the crutches that keep you bound to your isolation. That is my wish for you!

God Bless,
CML