Notices

7 weeks to sobriety detox vitamin cocktail????

Old 08-23-2015, 10:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

7 weeks to sobriety detox vitamin cocktail????

Hi. I just got a book "7 weeks to sobriety.." Has anyone here read it or tryed it? Im looking at the vitamin cocktail regiment for the day and it
looks a bit " heavy" ... any experience or oppinion?

Thanks "
Old 08-23-2015, 11:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'd suggest seeing a doctor before taking any "vitamin regiments" or other supplements. Unless you have a specific deficiency ( which only a doctor can tell you ), the supplements can be useless at best and potentially even harmful at worst.
Old 08-23-2015, 02:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

^^^^^^
Old 08-24-2015, 08:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am actually reading that book now and I think the amount is alittle much without a dr supervision but I am taking smaller amounts of not only some of the supplements they suggest but incorporating with a diet that is suppose to help with inflammation. I believe eating healthy and exercise are two of the greatest healers.
Old 08-24-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by greeneyed View Post
I am actually reading that book now and I think the amount is alittle much without a dr supervision but I am taking smaller amounts of not only some of the supplements they suggest but incorporating with a diet that is suppose to help with inflammation. I believe eating healthy and exercise are two of the greatest healers.
great. What day are you on?

I did cut the dozes a little. The dozes on vitamin C were over the allowable so I cut to half. Triptophan I did not get a perscription but the next digested product which is 5-HTP as it was available at drugstore.
Did you get any bloating?
Old 08-24-2015, 09:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I just started today and it hasn't been easy due to the fact my boyfriend and I had to have one last night of his DOC so I didn't sleep for over 24 hours and I don't really feel like eating then. But I also didn't even worry about the Triptophan. Yes the Vit C was way too much. I did add fish oil and turmeric (I normally take those) and a liver treatment. I also start drinking my green shakes again. So I'm happy I got it done felt like crap all day but ready for a good nights sleep and start fresh tomorrow. I didn't even think of the 5-HTP I know I have some thanks for that. and yes I am so bloated right now very uncomfortable.
Bigaquagirl What day are you on and how is it going for you?
Message me if you would like to talk