Notices

Newbie 10 Days!

Old 08-23-2015, 01:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
~Only Time Will Tell~

Originally Posted by Coleiope View Post
Hey! I'm 7days in. I have quit several times in the past 3 years...and every time I start to think I can drink "socially" my AV tells me to stop at the liquor store on the way home. I wish I cold drink casually with my friends. They don't seem to have the problems I do...or the tolerance I have. The slope is just too slippery for me. I don't even feel drunk when I've been drinking all day. It's the first shot that is like heroin for me. And every drink after that is trying to get that feeling back. I feel awesome sober...for the most part. I'm sorry to hear that you struggle with anxiety.... It seems many anxious people resort to booze for self-medication....and sobering up compounds those feelings. Coming off of meds could pose another challenge. I am no expert, but many people suggest exercise and meditation. I suck at both, so I read and draw. I also find writing letters to people extremely therapeutic. Beast of luck! You are doing great!

Thanks so much.... Im opposite I get drunk off 2 drinks but I can drink many. 7 days is good... I wasnt sure if I could make it past a week but I did. I have just been keeping to myself and not going out with any of my friends unfortunately all of them drink and I usually saw them just to drink so I've been alone the whole time But ya that has helped me I guess. I have had anxiety for a long time but its getting better. I have PTSD as well so that makes things hard. I used to be on all sorts of medication but Im only on the klonipin now .50mg a night but with quitting drinking etc. I think I might need to increase my dosage I really want to be off of everything completely. I walk my dog a lot and I dont drive so I get exercise. I have been thinking of starting back up drawing again but yea..... taking things day by day Im feeling great though
Old 08-23-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats
Old 08-23-2015, 07:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Sounds like you have hour heart set in the right direction. Keep walking your dog I'm sure she loves it. Mine does too! Drawing is an intense activity for me. It really mutes the cravings. I hope you choose to pick the pencil up. Surely you will make friends who understand your anxiety and respect your sobriety. You are winning!