Notices

I'm a quitter.

Old 08-12-2015, 08:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm a quitter.

Hi,

I'm a 42 year old guy that quit a 24 year hard drinking habit last Monday - a little over a week ago.
I had a few days of sleeplessness and several side effects that seem to be common, but honestly this has been entirely too easy so far.
My Wife never complained about my drinking (She doesn't drink) so it was really easy to come home from work every day and hit the bottle (around a liter a night, cheap vodka or rum) and start again in the morning on weekends.
I had every excuse under the sun for myself - helped with pain from my brain tumor, helped me sleep etc etc.

I honestly just got tired of feeling like crud ALL the time so I quit.

My question, last night and today I have been feeling weird and have a pain on the left side of my lower back. Do you know the feeling when you have the flu and every time you move it sends a feeling like an electric shock through your body? That feeling. I'm just cloudy and feeling that. The pain in my back is likely toxins working their way out. Anyone else have the 'electric' feeling when they moved?

Other than that, I'm sleeping like a teen and loving every second of my new-found freedom. I never could go anywhere unless my Wife drove after work before, now it's nice to run to the store for ice cream or take a ride on the Harley. Free!!!

Thanks for reading and great to 'meet' you all.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on a great choice. I am loving the sober life and the freedom it brings. I don't know what to say about your pain in your back, other then I would ask a doctor if you are concerned. I am really proud of your decision to quit drinking and take your life back. Welcome to SR. So glad you found us.