Notices

18 days...

Old 08-06-2015, 04:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

18 days...

18 days sober! I hit rock bottom a few weeks ago. 2nd DUI in less than 5 years Which makes it a felony if convicted. I'm not sure if I will though. My keys were not in the ignition and I was just sitting in my car in a driveway. (Isn't a DUI actually DRIVING under the influence??!) anyways, I am guilty that I drank and drove, hopefully the charges won't stick though.

I blew a .356! Definitely in shock because I remember everything. Thrown into a drunk tank having to lay on concrete with no blanket, no mat, nothing while freezing all night and all day the next day. My bond was set to $1000. My family doesn't have much money so my boyfriends family bought my car in exchange to bond me out. I can't handle jail, especially while withdrawaling. I don't expect any sympathy. I know this happened for a reason. To get me to stop drinking. I have lost my car, job, a lot of my relationships. This is definitely rock bottom. I woke up.

Anyways, so I was wondering how your withdrawals were in the beginning? Today I have been extremely emotional. Crying for no reason at all.. I'm still shaky, extremely anxious..

Sorry if I rambled!! I've had a lot on my mind today! Thanks for any input!
Old 08-06-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on 18 days! Hope things work out for the best given the circumstances with the legal issues. At 18 days I would think the physical withdrawal symptoms would be subsiding, you may want to see a doctor for a checkup if you haven't since you quit.

The emotional side can take a lot longer to recover. Anxiety is very common, I had if pretty heavy. Come to find out I had general anxiety anyway which needed treatment separately from my alcohol recovery.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Fantastic milestone congrats on 18 days
Old 08-07-2015, 07:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

18 days is fantastic. Not an easy thing to do. As far as the DUI is concerned, I always heard the keys need to be in the ignition to show intent for it to be considered a DUI, but I'm not a lawyer. Good luck with that.
Withdrawals vary from person to person, but to play it safe, I suggest you check with your doctor about it, or spend a few days in a detox center. John
Old 08-07-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your legal troubles.

Unfortunately, if you are in the drivers seat, and the keys are in the car with you regardless of if they were in the ignition or not you can still be convicted.

Get a lawyer ASAP

Start attending AA immediately and/or find a detox or treatment center.

That was a very high BAC and is something the DA's office will pounce on. You will need to convince the Judge you are in treatment or at minimum are attending any kind of recovery group and have stopped drinking.

I'm sorry to put this bad news on you but you need to prepare for the worst here.