Notices

Resentment

Old 08-04-2015, 03:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Resentment

In supposed to go meet a guy at an AA meeting tomorrow. I haven't been to this meeting in a long time, and am nervous about going.

My sibling sometimes goes to this meeting. I let her know about this so she wouldn't be surprised I showed up. Her response, while typical of her, is not what I wanted to hear. She responded with passive-aggressive anger, like she didn't want this to happen.

It would seem with me at 2 days, and her several years, she would be more accepting of this. I can't decide whether to go through with this or not. I feel I should still go to meet this guy, but another part of me says to avoid this situation altogether and just find another meeting.

This is the kind of thing that turns me off about AA altogether. Thoughts?
Old 08-04-2015, 04:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'd say, go to the meeting. If she has a problem with it, it's her problem, not yours. And don't let her turn you off AA. Go if it's helpful to you.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Done least, I'm gonna go. Thanks ddc4d

Actually now I think I'm going to hit an 8PM tonight too.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

How was the meeting?
Old 08-04-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by least View Post
I'd say, go to the meeting. If she has a problem with it, it's her problem, not yours. And don't let her turn you off AA. Go if it's helpful to you.
thats a great answer! at the end of the day its her problem you dont have to make it yours too.

But as far as this sort of stuff making you not want to go to AA you kinda have to step out of your self and then take a step over yourself. Come out of your shell if you will do things that might take you out of your comfort zone. I know there is some stuff in AA like this and believe me I dont like it either. But in life there is stuff like this day in and day out. and believe me I still avoid plenty of stuff but I know sometimes I cant because its good for me not to avoid it and that its best that I embrace it instead because it will make me a better person. But it takes work.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zjw View Post
thats a great answer! at the end of the day its her problem you dont have to make it yours too.
Yea zjw, that makes sense. I don't know why I tend to make it my problem. I think because I find her difficult to deal with. I hope at some point I can work through some of this.

I went to the meeting but I left early. Probably not the best idea to go, but I needed to get out of the house for a little while.