Notices

Benzo withdrawal

Old 08-05-2015, 06:13 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
zjw

My case is different

Someone posted that up here a while back and I found it help ful. We tend to have this idea in our head that our case is different and no on understands it etc... I at least had this problem. He makes some good points in this.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:31 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
What makes me nervous is that I already am starting to pay the bill with my health. I know it will get worse with time. Sure I'd like to think it will get better. But I know that's no guarantee, and not likely with my track record. And that just doesn't feel inspiring to stay quit, to be honest.
Your overall health cannot possibly get better if you go back to drinking and living a less healthy lifestyle. By abstaining from alcohol, eating right, and exercising you are at least taking every possible step you can to ensure you live a long and healthy life. No one knows what tomorrow will bring and it certainly doesn't help to start projecting out worst case scenarios as they often are the beginnings of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I was told last year that I had the heart of a 50 to 70 year old and I was only 31 at the time. I started looking at every possible worst case scenario and started having these awful visions of my young kids growing up without a father. Those thoughts are absolutely poison as all they do is lead to anxiety and it doesn't actually help anything. Drinking won't help me, it will only make things much worse and compound the existing issues that really do exist. I have started to view my health issues and my knowledge of them as a blessing. If I hadn't found out about them I probably wouldn't have changed a thing and I know that would have ultimately killed me. Take care of the things that you have power over, but don't sit there dwelling on the what-ifs? That only ends up being wasted energy and can lead you to doing things you will regret.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
zjw

Brauggi when I got told my cholesterol was 366 I had a panic fest for a few days. how could this be i was fit and in shape I must have screwed myself with my drinking or something. Like you I invisioned my kids growing up with dead dad cause he had heart disease etc...

I didnt wanna go on lipitor or see a cardiologist or anything. I didnt get why this could be etc.. I was told it was heriditary it was this it was that its just how life is. I didnt accept any of that all the while I paniced. Finally i said screw it. went vegan 3 months later my level was 166 i'm sure its way lower now even.

The point is I coulda zoomed in on that high cholesterol and allowed it to ruin me. But I didnt I did what i could to tackle the issue. Lucky for me it worked out. But I realize I cant just go eating animal products like I once did or else i'll be in trouble. no big deal.