Notices

1 Month 18 Days

Old 08-02-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1 Month 18 Days

Hello all,

Alcohol free: 1 month, 18 days
Caffeine & anything diet free: 12 days

I've been getting by on sparkling water, and sparkling water with natural flavor (such as La Croix) and things have been going soso. I'm much, much, much quieter now than I used to be and I feel much like I did when I was in high school--completely withdrawn from anybody around me and lacking most feelings or care for what others call 'personal drama.'

I'm starting to worry about my sanity a bit.

When I was younger--before alcohol--my set of psychologists and PCPs said I have "Bi-polar Negative Schizophrenia". You should all know what bi-polar is, Negative Schizo is detailed here: NIMH » Schizophrenia

Whether it's true or not, whatever, they all congratulated me on being "the most functional and aware Negative Schizo they have ever had the privilege of working with." I was diagnosed with Positive Schizo about 8 years ago and couldn't separate reality from dreams. for brief moments of the day--I'd rattle off the answer to a question that a co-worker asked me the day before but the initial asking never actually happened among other issues such as me talking about and looking for products which never existed. I haven't experienced the Positive again for many years

Oddly I feel that the alcohol had kept all that at bay. Nobody in my life knows about the Schizo diagnoses...literally nobody except for the docs. This is the first time I have told anybody about it. I haven't gone to a PCP in over 5 years and fear telling a new one all of my history as the will likely accuse me of being a hypochondriac.

Has anybody else here been diagnosed with Negative Schizo?

Anywho. I'm losing my mind.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Tastycheez just want to congratulate you on your sober time

Im currently going therapy for anxiety & depression
Old 08-02-2015, 11:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations that is such a huge first step!!

Every day sober is another clean!!
Old 08-03-2015, 05:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi TastyCheez it sounds like you are doing well on a great start to sobriety- and I am impressed you quit coffee AND anything diet- wow! Why the diet stuff? I cannot part with that yet...
Old 08-03-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Also appreciate the link, now I am a bit more educated.
We do not share a diagnosis, I hope you will find someone who does.
I do know how alienating it can be to have to deal with something that is relatively rare.
Did you try posting in the Mental Health section here?
Old 08-03-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That article is a good explanation of the illness. If you've already been diagnosed and know that you lean towards this, you might want to go chat with a psychiatrist. Per your article, there are treatments available.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Fantastic Tastycheez!!