Notices

discouraged

Old 08-02-2015, 10:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

discouraged

Bloodsugar's getting worse not better.
feeling extremely down and as if what's the point of not drinking if I am just going to get worse anyway.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Why don't you go and get a full physical and blood workup?
Old 08-02-2015, 10:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sleepie drinking wont solve anything by sticking with us youl make it through cravings pass as for your blood sugar make a Dr apt or go to your local ER whatever happens drinking wont make it better Sleepie start posting on lots of other threads take your mind off it try to relax

try this http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html
Old 08-02-2015, 11:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have even lost 40 pounds and am in a healthy weight range. so weight loss won't solve anything. I guess my reward for losing 40 pounds is diabetes regardless of what I do now.
I won't get to be a success story after quitting. Too late for me.
and I have been watching my diet. And watching boyfriend shovel all the carbs and sweets he wants into his face that he wants, who is overweight, drank tons and is just fine.
Of course.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Pressure makes diamonds

Sleepie,
You've made so much progress. Keep doing what you're doing. Go get blood work done to check and see why your sugar levels are off. You sound depressed keep sticking around here for support. Drinking won't fix anything.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i already got diagnosed prediabetic. been to the doctor at least 7 times this year.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

of course I am depressed... my health is shot whether I drink or not, so what's the point? There is none. I'm defunct.
LD and poor health.
Don't see why quitting matters. Bad grey matter so nothing to lose there.
Entire life has been s***.
No family, just crazy set of abusers. Had to go no contact many years ago.
Alienated due to these experiences.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

People go on happily for years with their diabetes managed well. My dad did! He had no scary repercussions. My mother-in-law does! She has no scary effects, either. Medication is a wonderful thing.

And you are still only prediabetic. Keep on top of it. Get blood tests when your doctor recommends--he will know how often you need to be tested, or if your condition is getting to the point where you need medicine. Don't borrow trouble prematurely. Just keep eating healthily and do the best you can.

Let the doctor do the worrying for you. That's what he gets paid to do! He is an expert at keeping things under control.
Old 08-02-2015, 12:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you won't give in and drink. Early recovery is a bumpy road. It gets better if you stick with it.
Old 08-02-2015, 12:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

All drinking does is make us more screwed up than we already are.
Old 08-02-2015, 12:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi sleepie

Your health will get worse if you drink. Your depression will, too. So there is a point to quitting

We're here and we care.
Old 08-02-2015, 12:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Go low carb..that is what my bro does.

Don't drink booze.

Drink cool water. Eat granola bars. Eggs, cheese. Proteins.

Stay away from potatoes and white rice. I ate a plate of potatoes last month and thought I was going to have a stroke.

Sweat it out.
Old 08-02-2015, 12:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Bloodsugar's getting worse not better.
feeling extremely down and as if what's the point of not drinking if I am just going to get worse anyway.
Classic Addicted Voice, right there. Can you think about what bad things you probably know will happen if you drink, that will make your life much worse?
Old 08-02-2015, 12:42 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good things always get worse before they get better.. thas why rock bottom is so awful but so beautiful.. If I had never hit rock bottom I would still be drinking.

I am so grateful for that awful experience..

It takes time but it is so worth it!
Old 08-02-2015, 01:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Do your best

Check in sleepie were here for you
Old 08-02-2015, 01:05 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Sleepie, are you under regular care for the pre diabetes? Are you routinely testing your blood sugar ? It could be your thyroid or hormones if you are perimenapause.

So you have learning problems. You still can read, write, work, pay your bills, take care of yourself and you have a boyfriend. Sounds like you are doing pretty ok.

You have to stop looking at what's wrong and start looking at what's right. Otherwise your right. What's the point?
Old 08-02-2015, 01:05 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

You're achieving amazing progress Sleepie, I hope you don't let your AV win this battle.

You may already know about this but thought you might find this trial from my local university interesting.

TV special shows diet reverses Type 2 Diabetes - Press Office - Newcastle University
Old 08-02-2015, 01:13 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

alright checking in.
I have to go take care of something.
bad mood today.
Old 08-02-2015, 01:20 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Bad moods aren't fun. Feel better soon.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:09 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Your right, Sleepie. Bad moods aren't fun. No one likes them, but, unfortunately, they are a part of life. Everyone gets them! I'm not trying to diminish your feelings, you have every right to have your emotions. In your posts to others I see that you have good, kind, caring, and very supportive emotions. How about trying to give yourself some of those things?

It has been mentioned on several posts here that early recovery is hard, or at least has it's difficult moments. We are learning a new way to live our lives without turning to alcohol or drugs to solve our problems, and that is going to taking some trying on our part and going through difficult emotions until we can get out from under and reach the other side.

It has also been mentioned on several posts here that working a plan of recovery is possible. Others have managed to get weeks, months, and years of sobriety. And I believe we can too. We just have to put in our share of the work.

Sometimes part of my recovery work is to find five things I am grateful for today. Anything really. Like yesterday, one of my things to be grateful for was drinking a rose lemonade. I'll be honest and say that I was going through a triggering event, but when I went to bed last night I got to list a delicious non-alcoholic beverage as part of my day.

Other times, I like to read the section on here where people have posted about their recovery experience. I love reading about people who have been able to pull out of the dark depths their alcoholism took them to, what they did to get out, and how they are living their lives now. Pretty much I like reading or hearing other people's stories of experience, strength, and hope because it gives me the hope and sometimes strength to make it through my own tough times.

I encourage you to find what works for you, Sleepie. And I want to congratulate you again on your two weeks of being sober. That's really something to be proud of and to feel good about!