Notices

discouraged

Old 08-03-2015, 02:07 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hi thanks everyone.
Well I ended up getting a ride but boyfriend hates to drive so much he gets mad in the car.
I paid for the parking and everything. But it was tense and there was argument, I got out of the car and had to walk around of course wanted to go to the bar and didn't. Now I am just in my room not talking to him. Very on edge sleeping poorly.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:15 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Way to hold off, Sleepie. Vent all you want to, I know conflict often makes me want to drink.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:17 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

It drives me nuts.
I swear.
He knows I am going through hell right now with valium taper and quitting drinking and dietary restrictions.
But the man cannot resist the opportunity to be right.
It's always about winning and never about listening!
Old 08-03-2015, 02:25 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Sleepie, that last description sounds like me and my husband having a "discussion" because he's never angry. Or argumentative. And I, of course, always have to be right. According to husband who never lets me get a word in edgewise when he's on a roll. Can you tune it out? I start drifting off to some other place when this happens. If it gets really bad, put your fingers in your ears and start humming.

As for the other stuff, life isn't over. I'm prediabetic too. I'm not managing it correctly and I can definitely feel when I've had too much sugar. Drinking because of it is only going to make it worse. I'm not obese. I'm quite thin actually, so weight loss won't help me either. I had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant. It's just one of those things. It is treatable.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:31 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Lately, I just leave when it starts.
I just leave the scene.
I try and manage the prediabetes. It's discouraging because everything says once you have it, it's progressive, end of story.
Boyfriend has a maddening way of being "sure everything will be fine" too... because it always has been, for him. Me, not so much. As I said before, he has pretty much gotten away with doing everything in life on his terms as well as drinking to excess and eating to obesity with few repercussions. He is obese and was recently told his "cholesterol is great". It's nauseating.
Some people just get to do as they please and are smug.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Sleepie

Is your situation better today?[

I hope so
Old 08-03-2015, 02:56 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Pre diabetes is not always progressive. Proper diet and exercise can and does reverse it.

You seem to be angry and frustrated with your boyfriend a lot. Maybe you need to take a break apart for a while.
Old 08-03-2015, 03:03 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hi airwick!
It's a little better now that the day is done as far as taking care of things.
I hope you have been well.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:36 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Lately, I just leave when it starts.
I just leave the scene.
I try and manage the prediabetes. It's discouraging because everything says once you have it, it's progressive, end of story.
Boyfriend has a maddening way of being "sure everything will be fine" too... because it always has been, for him. Me, not so much. As I said before, he has pretty much gotten away with doing everything in life on his terms as well as drinking to excess and eating to obesity with few repercussions. He is obese and was recently told his "cholesterol is great". It's nauseating.
Some people just get to do as they please and are smug.
I know what your saying some people seem to have all the luck but sooner or later it catches up to them it always does sadly