Notices

Quite a week.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Quite a week.

So I did not get the promotion that I was going for. Whatever I guess.... I haven't been with the company for very long and the interview could have gone better. I will try again. My world will keep spinning. I can't say I'm not disappointed but I still have a job that I like and that pays me well even if I find it a bit boring.

My boyfriend since he got his promotion has been different, it's a big deal for him and he's been going out a lot after work and coming in late and not helping around the house but just coming home to sleep and then waking up right before he has to leave again. It's causing some tension between us. I'm happy for him but not impressed with his behavior concerning our family. This morning while I was at work there was a fire alarm in our townhouse complex and he slept through it. I didn't hear about it until I came home. It was a false alarm but still...... He was too hungover to react. Not cool.

Last weekend he took us away to his family cottage where we stayed with his dad and stepmother. She left me speechless when she came into the room where me and my kids were playing scrabble because it was raining outside and we were trying to occupy our time and ripped the board out from under us in a fit of rage because she was so stoned on weed and drunk. I am still trying to make sense of her doing that. I was so uncomfortable after that. I didn't know what to say or do? I comforted my boys and waited out our time there until we could leave. I think she is seriously unbalanced. She kept bringing up over and over how put out she was because she had to go outside to smoke up because my children were there. We were only there for 2 days, it's the cottage, go outside. It was obnoxious. I'm not sure how things are going to play out now because I dislike her after this weekend. When she came up behind us and ripped out the scrabble board and sent the pieces flying it was the last thing I was expecting! Who does something like that? I will never forget it. Everyone was being cool, the men were cooking in the kitchen and me and the kids were playing and then all of a sudden everything was not ok. I still don't know how to process it, it was so bizarre.

Hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying their summers or whatever season depending on where you are!
Old 07-29-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
zjw

People do some crazy stuff while ontoxicated no sense in trying to figure out crazy least it's over with stinks about the promotion but maybe your better off when I don't land an interview I just assume I'm in a better place or something better will come along when the time is right
Old 07-29-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yikes zenchaser... sorry you had to deal with that drama.
And that the fire alarm was slept through... not good
I hope people will treat you better, maybe the thing with your boyfriend is a temporary celebration and he will get back on track and pay attention to the family. I hope so. As for dealing with someone drunk and stoned... Nothing you can do to reason with them.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
quat

Sorry to hear July seems to be ending on a bummer note or two. But hey, August is about to start, sending vibes for a better month.
Either way, though, the password is nomatterwhat, yeah?
Old 07-29-2015, 11:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

People can be really unpredictable when under the influence zen. She probably doesn't even remember the incident, and if she does she should be and probably is thoroughly ashamed of herself. At least you were fully there and able to comfort your boys, I bet they really appreciated that. As the cool guy says in the post above, here's to August being a better month for you lovely. :hug
Old 07-29-2015, 11:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Really sorry that happened Zen
Old 07-30-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thanks for checking in Zen. Sounds like you are doing well for you and your children but sorry to hear the other people in your life seem to be dropping the ball. As someone else said, you being there to show your kids the difference between right and wrong and being sober/strong for them is massive.

Is there a financial reason you need to stay in a relationship with such a toxic family/group? You don't need to answer here, just wondering if you've considered that question yourself...would you be better off seeking a better living situation for you and your kids? Either way congrats on being a great mom and a sober one.
Old 07-30-2015, 01:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

No Scott there isn't a financial reason that I stay with him. In fact I'm the one who owns the house and I make more money. I certainly have a lot of loyalty to him, not many guys are willing to take on a woman who has 2 children and love them like they are his own. He's 9 years younger than me and so he may still have some growing up to do and that frustrates me sometimes. I didn't know that his stepmother was volatile. I've only met her a handful of times and each time it was only for a few hours. She seemed very well to do and they are. I guess every family has that one lol. I certainly have more than one weird or crazy member in mine! All I know is that next summer we are going to take a pass on going up to their cottage..... his dad was lovely but I won't be putting me or my kids in a small cottage with her again after her scene. I also think that my boyfriend should have done something or said something after she ripped away the scrabble game and we have talked about it. He just really doesn't handle confrontation well, he refuses to fight with me, he just retreats. Maybe a bi-product of dealing with her for a big part of his life?

The whole thing sucks. I went up there with good intentions, I didn't want this to be the outcome. She never apologized aside from saying that my kids are probably going to hate her now and I said well you did just rip the board right out from under their game. We never mentioned it again. I frankly didn't know what to say about it..... left me flabbergasted. I told my boys that she was too drunk and that they hadn't done anything wrong and it wasn't their faults and that we would leave early the next morning and that we wouldn't come back. They had run out of the cottage and were down in the shed by the lake trying to make sense of it. Sigh.
Old 07-30-2015, 02:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sounds like some misguided jealousy to me - but whatever the motivation it's totally unacceptable.
Old 07-30-2015, 02:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Plus the whole trying to get me to allow her to smoke up in front of my kids thing. I have been in lots of social situations where adults who were pot smokers were there and not once have I had to have that conversation where I had to say repeatedly NO please don't smoke pot in front of my kids. Every other person I know just understands that you don't do drugs in front of the kids. That alone makes my blood boil that I had to keep saying it to her and that she kept bringing it up. We were only there for 2 days. She couldn't get herself together for 2 days or at least dummy up and be discreet like a grown up?
Old 07-30-2015, 02:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sounds like the best thing you can do at this point is just stay away from her. Obviously she has issues ( that are beyond your control ), so separation is probably warranted. You set the example for your kids and they will understand completely. Your BF might not as there is a lot of Denial between family, but you've got to set boundaries.