Notices

Is it being selfish???

Old 08-31-2004, 01:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Is it being selfish???

My CT scan was a nightmare. I kept thinking...it couldn't get any worse. I stayed up all night with nothing to eat or drink after midnight. I just couldn't sleep. At 7:30AM I had my barium...OMG this stuff was awful it tasted like citrus flavored chalk (not that I would know what chalk tastes like) LOL. When I got to the hospital & they took me back, they made me drink MORE!!!! I was not happy to say the least. But wait, stay with me, it got worse!!! They needed to put an IV in me to set up a catheter to push iodine through my blood. The little jerk ( :*******: )first tried on my right arm, and said he couldn't do it because he had hit a valve. Wonderful. So now on to the left arm which..Thank God was successful. Then I had my body pushed into that machine and had to hold my breath 4 times for about 45 seconds. Smokers.....this is not for you. ;o) You could feel the iodine being pushed into your blood. It was an awful feeling! Finally, the jerk ( :*******: ) came back into the room & told me I was done. He had to take out the IV/catheter..whatever it was. Now once again I have huge bruises on my arms & look like a druggie. It was by far the scariest thing I have done since giving birth.
I came home & finally went to sleep about 11:30AM and slept til 5PM.
And now, even though I was scared Shi&less, here I am drinking my beer again.
Am I selfish??? Perhaps suicidal? I have no idea.
Anybody else been thru one of these CT scans?
And one more question...If I do quit, the cravings...do they ever go away?
Old 08-31-2004, 04:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Personally I find drinking alot scarier than a cat scan ,when I drank I neglected everything in my life and yes it was selfish .Once I put down the booze and drugs and started to attend AA in time the cravings passed ,the thought of using will still pop into my mind from time to time , but I have tools today that I use instead of picking up that first one , bless , Trish
Old 08-31-2004, 08:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((((((Kelli/Michelle)))))))

Am I selfish??? Perhaps suicidal? I have no idea.
Anybody else been thru one of these CT scans?
And one more question...If I do quit, the cravings...do they ever go away?
You can answer the first one for yourself. Probably so but for an alcoholic, like me to drink, is slow suicide although the progression certainly was quickening in the last year of my drinking. Yes, I have been through CT scans, MRI, surgeries as well and did not have to drink over any of them. And YES the cravings do go away...... sometimes slowly, sometimes quickly if we work for them to be eliminated.

(((((((((((Kelli/Michelle))))))))) keeping you in thoughts and prayers.

Three Legs