Notices

2 weeks at midnight

Old 07-26-2015, 08:54 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
under new management

(((sleepie))) I know life looks ugly from the perspective of no sleep, truly I get that.

Please lean on SR hard, look at all the people who are rallying behind you.

Fight through the tough times, one minute, one hour, one day at a time.

You can do this, sleepie!
Old 07-26-2015, 08:57 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

hi sleepie,
way to go on two weeks.
i had a friend who tried the benzo taper, and it was hell for him. he did it slowly, very very slowly, and had major challenges.
do something nice for yourself. i know that's a facile-sounding suggestion, but showing we value ourselves and our struggles by doing something nice for us (just as we would for someone else) is a nod in that direction.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:00 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

If you can take naps. They are always a help. I know it's hard but you have to practice patience. Nothing in life worth having is easy. Try chamomile tea. You can get it in any supermarket.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I have done double bagged chamomile. I do enjoy it but it doesn't do much. I am going to try passion fruit. Lemon balm is supposed to work wonders but it says beware if you have liver disease, which I imagine I must after many years of drinking. I want to impress my doctor at the next visit but this no sleeping thing can go on for months and it screws everything. I cannot exercise and I have to but I am stumbling around and yesterday was slurring while I was talking and I hadn't had a drop, it was from sheer exhaustion.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:22 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

fini it's true, benzo taper is pure hell. One of the reasons being that unlike most things where with continued time you mostly get better- with benzos you can feel ok or passably so one day and a few days later feel like you are in acute withdrawal again. And it can last for months. And you get seriously crazy feeling and obsessive and no sleep... for months. And it can feel like a minute passed and and hour has passed and every single noise and person is nails on a chalkboard and you feel as if you will have a breakdown any moment and as if you are outside of your own skin. For months. And back and forth. It doesn't just get better with time, it f***s with you, you think you're ok and then out of nowhere a big reminder you're not and no telling how long it'll last.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:57 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I know the benzo taper is rough. And not getting good sleep is even worse, on top of everything else. But you're getting there, even if it doesn't seem like it. Hang on!
Old 07-26-2015, 11:59 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thank you least it's a s*** pile at the moment
I read on the teas... Kava's weird stuff. I took it last year to help with a benzo taper (ain't my first rodeo) and it made me groggy more so the next day but did not really have an affect other than that. Like weird groggy, and it took a couple hours. Not sleepy though. Hard to explain.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Sleepie,

Don't give up!

You've come a long way.

The sleep issue? I am an insomniac who messed up her brain from alcohol and drugs. I finally realized it is better to have one problem, ( the insomnia) than two problems, ( the ism's and the insomnia, too.) Try not to worry about it too much. REST and rest assured you are doing the best thing right now. Sending GOOD vibes your way.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
under new management

(((sleepie))) I am keeping you close in my thoughts. I wish I could reach through the screen and give you and hug.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:34 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thank you all I have been drawing strength from this thread. you all helped me get through the weekend
And round the bend to 2 weeks of no alcohol Even if it feels horrible I just hope it will get better with time. All I have is Hope and SR.