Notices

Shouldn't have stopped coming here

Old 07-23-2015, 05:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Shouldn't have stopped coming here

Was doing very well and happy on the naltrexone plan my Dr. got me on. Then my fiancé left me, find out 3 days later she's pregnant (we had been trying) with our baby girl, and now she's dating some other dude. Hurts.

Anyway, I'm going through mild to moderate alcohol withdrawal right now at work. No shakes, bad anxiety. I just want to die and I don't want to go out on my lunch break to by a 24 oz beer to get through this. So I have my Naltrexone pill in my pocket. I was saving it for the morning when my shift was over to prevent me from buying beer at 7am when I get off work.

My question, I do remember you're supposed to totally detox first before taking the drug. What will happen if I take it now? Had 24oz beer at 5pm. Sixpack of 7% beer at 7am. Just about ready to half all that and quit, but man I hurt really bad right now. Not physically so much as mentally. So ashamed.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hi there, and yeah, i remembered sulfuric acid from college

no answer on the naltrexone question, but someone else will speak of their experience and someone else will suggest you ask a health care professional. do you have a phone-service for questions like this that you could contact?

good to see you posting, and knowing that life-crap can throw you for a loop[ and that you need new tools for that. or use the ones you already have.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for all you've been through HS204.

We can't give you medical advice here tho.
Asking a medical professional is the thing to do.

D
Old 07-23-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm sorry for all you've been through HS204.

We can't give you medical advice here tho.
Asking a medical professional is the thing to do.

D
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Sorry! Could lead to dangerous advice. I'm going to call my Dr. in the morning. Luckily I have the trazadone she prescribed me to sleep during the day when I'm working nights.

I was doing so well, too. Then all this with my ex. I am a feminist and it's her body and it makes sense and all, but I literally cannot think of anything that hurts more than this. I got a bad case of the "eff-its"

Guess I need to revisit my books, and hang out here more. Sorry, and thanks.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Post as often as you need to HS

D
Old 07-24-2015, 01:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear things have been going badly for you. Keep checking in here. Your isolation can be your AV's best weapon. Take care, and make sure to get good, sound advice from a medical professional about the medication.

This often helps me through a case of the "eff-its"...

People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.

What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.

Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.

In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

If you ever want to talk H2SO4 you can always msg for a chat to vent whatever i want you to know your not alone & i too am sorry for what you have been through

Hopefully spk soon bud