Notices

the most important thing

Old 07-17-2015, 12:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Well, 75 days here and I've learned a lot. I learned a lot about the true nature of alcohol, thanks to Allen Carr's book, I've learned that most of America do not drink in excess although a lot drink. I learned there are a lot more sober people than I thought although what percentage of those are former alcoholics I don't know. I learned quitting drinking isn't just about it being hard to quit and wanting to drink, but that recovery from a poison is hard-- physically and mentally. I learned that you meet others who are going through the same thing and that helps immensely!
I have learned to not let people step on my anymore and that I need to guard my recovery like the Hope diamond....
Old 07-17-2015, 01:05 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

7 years sober.

Life is very fragile and short. Make sure you live it well. And be kind to other people and yourself.
Old 07-18-2015, 05:41 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi.
36 years here by working the program of AA and not having the idea at any time “I can have just one.”

Sobriety I found out is not something we can forget about in a month, year or anytime. It required me to work and change for it AND maintain it one day at a time in a row. This included doing things I didn’t want to but after doing them was greatly rewarded internally.

A biggie for me was acceptance even if I didn’t like it.

BE WELL