Notices

Spent last years 4th drunk...

Old 07-04-2015, 11:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Spent last years 4th drunk...

Spent last 4th of July drunk on whiskey and woke up in my driveway and thought it was the only way to spend it because I couldn't remember one sober.
It's 2am and I just hosted a party with people drinking and couldn't help to think of last year and where I'm at now, how much fun I had tonight, how much better I feel and how thankful I am that is not me this year.
Happy 4th of July everyone!
Old 07-04-2015, 11:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

great post pull tight thanks

D
Old 07-05-2015, 06:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Glad your 4th of July went well Pulltight
Old 07-05-2015, 06:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I experienced a sober 4th also Good job to both of us.......
Old 07-05-2015, 08:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thanks for sharing...had a nice sober 4th myself. Kids did some fireworks, had a great meal on the grill and feel a heck of a lot better than I would have during my drinking days on a morning like this.

At one point last evening I heard a helicopter approaching, we live within a couple miles of a hospital that has a helipad and deals with many of the severe trauma/accident injuries in the area. It's not uncommon to hear it over the weekend, but i sat there thinking...that could have been me getting hauled in after a drunk wreck/accident etc so many times in the past. And sure enough this morning on the local it was yet another drunk driving accident that took a life an injured others, far to common around here.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The 4th of July weekend in 2010 was the beginning of the end for me, I drank non-stop for 3 days and wound up in the hospital Monday morning for detox. Went off work on disability and then entered a medical outpatient program, which eventually led to me quitting for good. The long 4th of July weekend in 2011 was very triggering but I managed, and every year since the holiday has been a kind of re-affirmation of sobriety for me. Congratulations on enjoying yours, too!
Old 07-05-2015, 11:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks to all of you too! Can't say enough how much this site and all of you here have kept me going!
I would also like to add that the few people who were drinking drank nothing like I used too. I watched closely, their pace, what they did and how it affected them, they even drank water in between the few alcohol drinks they had.
I was never like that, I could never do that, I was full throttle from the start to finish and would be the same again.
Old 07-05-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Fantastic post!! Great job!!
Old 07-05-2015, 02:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats PullTight