Notices

Finally at turning point

Old 07-05-2015, 02:09 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thankyou Mac1 for the support. Your employer sounds amazing. I am not so sure my employer would do the same but I think I have to find out. Right now my biggest issue is the insomnia. I don't know how all the sudden it became impossible to sleep. no sleep in the last 24 hours except a half hour or hour nap in the middle of the day :/
Old 07-05-2015, 02:46 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you reached your turning point. I reached mine a year ago when drinking actually became harder than not drinking. Boy was that a surprise. I felt like it turned on me. I'm glad it did.

Sometimes I joke that I took the easy way out by going sober. It really is easier. The planning, buying, obsessing, nursing hangovers (unsuccessfully) was so much freakin' work! It was like having a second job.

I'll say it again. You think sobriety is tough? Imagine going back to the out of control drinking and daily hangovers! I feel like I'm living on easy street in sobriety.
Old 07-05-2015, 02:54 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I agree with Melinda. You reach a turning point when alcohol stops working, and it only brings pain.

Glad you have joined us!
Old 07-05-2015, 06:20 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi WantToEnjoyLife the insomnia should pass but if it persists its a good idea talking to a Dr
Old 07-05-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks all. I finally told my dad over the phone which was hard but a relief. He told me to go to the doctor as many of you have which I'm getting ready to do. Having his own experience with this he knew what I was going through.

I finally got a whole hour of sleep this morning after 3 beers and an ibuprofen pm to calm the nerves.. hopefully my last drinks.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad you told your Father, that's a brave step. I hope you can see your doctor very soon, mixing alcohol and any other drugs ( even OTC ) is a dangerous proposition. Don't be ashamed to go to the ER if you need to, they have dealt with what you are dealing with many, many times. I ended up in the ER against my will the last time I tried to foolishly go cold turkey on my own.
Old 07-05-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Finally got something done today. Went to a clinic that is open 7 days a week to try and get some help. Doctor took blood and checked out my heart, everything looked good but she referred me to a hospital if I wanted more help. So... I went there and honestly didn't know what to expect. Took hours talking to multiple nurses, a doc, a counselor. My withdrawal symptoms had eased and my blood pressure had dropped some so they felt good enough giving me some anti-anxiety meds to help me sleep until I go see my psychiatrist on Friday. My anxiety level has dropped tenfold and I think I can finally sleep but I know there will be more to fight. Some family is coming into town to help out at this time, so lucky for that. Cheers for steps in the right direction.