Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Help with friends who can't take no for an answer?

Notices

Help with friends who can't take no for an answer?

Old 07-20-2015, 09:21 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Well for me I have friends who I consider close friends, and I have or had "friends". I just stopped talking to the "friends" who only wanted to party with me and didn't really care about me as much as someone to party with. I just said screw that, and they were never true friends. They could care less if I got better and lived longer instead of thinking about themselves. I even deleted those people out of my contacts and stopped answering their texts/calls, or I would just be serious and be like I'm not doing that stuff anymore.
Old 07-25-2015, 08:04 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
tea enthusiast

these people don't sound like good friends.
They sound like people who *perhaps* want you to continue drinking as they do in order to make themselves feel better about their own drinking, which they may or may not have realised is at high levels.

you sound like you have realised you want to stop and that alcohol is something you want to remove from your life, so I think it's best to remove people who are not supportive of that decision, as, if nothing else, they are simply not being respectful of your choices as an individual.

keep strong.