Notices

Well, I blew it

Old 06-21-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well, I blew it

I really tried to keep it together today, but it was too much. I am drinking as we speak. I just feel so sad.
Old 06-21-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Pressure makes diamonds

Ok, but you can turn this around. Pour it ALL out and start drinking water. Tomorrow is day 1.
Old 06-21-2015, 05:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Then pour the rest out now and quit feeling sad about it.
Old 06-21-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Get up.

Go.

Down the drain.

DO IT.
Old 06-21-2015, 05:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am not sad about the drinking, I am sad about Father's Day. and the drinking
Old 06-21-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What's going on?

I have said before that I'm not a fan of holidays. I used to get all wrapped up in the poor me of it all, then I just started being really careful in the lead-up to holidays.

You are choosing to feel awful. Only you can choose happiness for yourself.

The alcohol makes it worse, but you know that already. Why do you keep torturing yourself?
Old 06-21-2015, 05:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I'm about to go WAY over the line, AF. You're using the sadness over Father's Day to justify drinking.
Old 06-21-2015, 06:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

yep.

just ignore me OK. I can'y undo my posts

Going to sign off now. Thanx
Old 06-21-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Turn in early, AF.
Old 06-21-2015, 06:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My husband, who has 23 years of sobriety, wants me to say if you have three real bad problems in your life, and you drink, now you have four.
Old 06-21-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Sorry to hear about the drinking ArtFriend.

You know, for me anyways, I'm not so quick to sign on its about father's day and sadness of same which has you drinking. I'm sure you have horrible angst and sorrow about all which relates to your dad, its just I think you're made of stronger stuff. I think you're drinking for effect of the alcohol and that is pretty much it, the way I see it anyways.

The thing about justifying a drink is its always imaginary, its never actually justified. We like to say so and so is justifying this and that and so they drank, but the thing is people return to drinking for some very horrible true definitive reasons. Justifying whatever didn't even come close to why I drank when I was "trying to quit"

Anyways, my friend. You know what comes next. Quit ASAP. I believe in you, same as always (((ArtFriend)))
Old 06-21-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Today I'm sad. Today I'm sober. Life gets better when we don't drink. Life gets worse when we do.

I have learned the only real choice I have is sobriety. Many have done and you can do it to
Old 06-21-2015, 06:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry today is a sad day for you AF, but I'm even more sorry that you didn't reach out before you drank.

Everyone here wants to help - will you give us - and yourself - a chance?

D
Old 06-21-2015, 06:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

AF you have many friends here. We're certainly not going to ignore you. Come back and let's try this again.
Old 06-21-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
Sorry to hear about the drinking ArtFriend.

You know, for me anyways, I'm not so quick to sign on its about father's day and sadness of same which has you drinking. I'm sure you have horrible angst and sorrow about all which relates to your dad, its just I think you're made of stronger stuff. I think you're drinking for effect of the alcohol and that is pretty much it, the way I see it anyways.

The thing about justifying a drink is its always imaginary, its never actually justified. We like to say so and so is justifying this and that and so they drank, but the thing is people return to drinking for some very horrible true definitive reasons. Justifying whatever didn't even come close to why I drank when I was "trying to quit"

Anyways, my friend. You know what comes next. Quit ASAP. I believe in you, same as always (((ArtFriend)))
Oh yeah. Right on the money. 'The effect', alas, always trumps whatever the putative, either deeply felt or even just-passing, reason that was driving us to pick up again. Dearest Art lady, you know I've been there too, as have so very many of us. At the very least, dear, you've had the guts to get on here to say you've picked up. I've so often not done that, and paid the price. That, or been overwhelmed - not able /willing to hear - those simple statements of just putting it back down again as soon as possible.

I have to eventually today start packing my stuff for rehab tomorrow. But please know I'm thinking of you, and you are very much in good hands. People who will help light your way, even as you're feeling so much it seems unbearable. xx Vic
Old 06-21-2015, 06:52 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear it, Art. You're so kind and reasonable and smart - when you are sober, all of that shines through on your posts. Drinking seems to just be adding gasoline to the fire. It sounds like you want peace and serenity in your life, why not give yourself a chance?
Old 06-21-2015, 07:19 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Just want you to know I'm thinking of you and wishing you success and significance- as you define them.
Old 06-21-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Dear ArtFriend-

I hope you come back on here tomorrow, and that you will start again on your sober journey.
Old 06-21-2015, 08:30 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I hope that you poured the poison down the drain and got some rest. We all care about you, Art. Tomorrow is a new day and a new start. Sometimes I have to take it minute by minute and just make myself as busy as possible so I don't go to the store and get alcohol. I've promised myself that if I ever have the keys in my hand to go to the store to buy alcohol that I will make a post here. Lots of people are here for you and you can do this. (((Art)))
Old 06-21-2015, 09:13 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You have to want it AF. I hope you can find the strength to do it someday soon.