Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

What ingredient in beer helped nausea and how do I replace it?

Notices

What ingredient in beer helped nausea and how do I replace it?

Old 06-21-2015, 11:19 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
~sb

My Igor (stomach) was upset for a few months after stopping drinking. Eventually it just felt "normal" again. I also worked those 12 steps of AA twice by month 4 of sobriety, which is when my stomach started to feel normal.

My stomach caused me a lot of problems when I drank, so I finally named it. Igor is happy today.....
Old 06-22-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I've had just the worst luck with doctors. Once I was diagnosed with a panic disorder, they assumed every time I needed a check up on something, it was that. I had hip pain and they tried to give me Xanax because they knew me...turns out I needed different running shoes. Sigh. I hadn't even mentioned the anxiety because I have it very well managed but I lived in a small town and he knew my parents had been going through cancer so he ASSUMED I was imagining my hip pain. Nope...just needed fitted for shoes....

I didn't realize holistic docs were an option, I'm going to look in to that! I left that little town and moved to a big city that I'm sure has someone like that. Thanks for the suggestion!