Notices

question

Old 06-18-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

question

Why is it that I used to get withdrawal symptoms and now I don't? Do they just go away or were they never real withdrawal in the first place
Old 06-18-2015, 06:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

I thought that it was a good sign when I stopped getting hangovers. Then DT's started showing up in their place. It was like getting out of the frying pan and jumping into the fire.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I often wonder if withdrawal symptoms are sometimes partially mental or psychological. I've been with people who should certainly be experiencing full blown withdrawal and they either ignore it or are too ignorant to recognize it. Ignorance is bliss..I guess.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Pressure makes diamonds

I guess everyone's system is different. Maybe their liver is still in good condition. I've done a lot of reading online outside of SR and read some people who drink heavy claimed they don't experience hangovers. How is that possible ?!?!
Old 06-18-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Everyone processes alcohol differently. Is it possible that you are drinking now and still drunk the next day?
Old 06-18-2015, 09:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I got hangovers but the people around me never knew. I thought not complaining and functioning through a hangover was the price of doing business.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the replies. Maybe it was a mental thing.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Everyone processes alcohol differently. Is it possible that you are drinking now and still drunk the next day?
That's how I avoided hangovers. I never really sobered up. It took me years to figure it out. DT's were a clue but they were few and far between.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dollpart View Post
Why is it that I used to get withdrawal symptoms and now I don't? Do they just go away or were they never real withdrawal in the first place
Welp, if ya haven't drank in a while, ya don't have withdrawal symptoms because ya haven't drank.
I still remember a man saying he didnt get hangovers or withdrawals because he didn't sober up long enough to get them.
And there were times I had the same thing happen- keep drinking to keep from having a hangover or withdrawals.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hope2014 View Post
I guess everyone's system is different. Maybe their liver is still in good condition. I've done a lot of reading online outside of SR and read some people who drink heavy claimed they don't experience hangovers. How is that possible ?!?!
I rarely ever got a hangover, and I would throw back 2 bottles of wine, a few beers and some liquor in 1 night. When I quit drinking, I had very few WD symptoms. It is possible, although odd. Haha