Notices

dodging bullets

Old 06-18-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
zjw

dodging bullets

In the last few years i've had some car problems I had one car with all sorts of repairs needed at the end of its day and I had to get rid of it. This car left me in a BAD position as i had traded car worth good money towards it only to be left holding the bag. I was bitter and frustrating about the bullet i was unable to dodge. But one time i drove it at almost 100mph while my wife was in labor only to find out shortly after the brakes where shot and i coulda been killed But i wasnt... Another time i drove it 1200 miles only to get there and realize it had no oil in it i colda been stranded on the side oft he road with my siz kids but i wasnt.

I got rid of that car got another car. This car was just to get me through till something "gave" in my life and i could get a solution to my car issues. well this vehicle i took for an oil change the other day only to find the axel was about to fall off and i was one pot hole away from death. I just took a roadtrip with my family I coulda been killed and all my family too But i'm still here!

Someone left us some money so we where able to just go buy another vehicle thats safe reliable and well newer. so no more worries i was able to fix this other car with the axel issue. Now i have 3 cars and I feel as if i have too much!

I guess i'll sell it keep it or give it away I dunno. But It got me thinking about all the times i **** and moan about the bullet i was unable to dodge and I fail to even know about the ones I"m dodging sometimes. When we complain about some problem perhaps we are lucky ot have that problem vs the problem we escaped?

I'm not even suppost to be here today. But i am No idea why.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I really like this post. I tend to think that if I do everything the way I'm "supposed" to that I won't have bad things happen. I'm really just one oops away from - oops. Remember Pam, she had something like this in her signature line:

Justice is getting what you deserve.
Mercy is not getting what you deserve.
Grace is getting what you don't deserve.
Old 06-18-2015, 01:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
zjw

yeah sometimes i gotta ask myself well maybe this is as good as it gets. Maybe this is really stinking good maybe I have no idea how very very much worse things could be. who knows whats being held back from our lives in terms of misfortunes etc...

latly i've said a few times when i see everyone elses troubles i'm very thankful for mine. This stuff coulda had a totally different outcome.
Old 06-18-2015, 01:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
zjw

and despite the issues along the way i didnt drink about it neither. nor did i drive drunk or something etc..
Old 06-18-2015, 01:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I also sometimes shudder when i think of things I did when I was drinking. And I shudder even more to think of some of the things I did when I was drinking that I don't remember.

But bottom line, we are here today and we can make the best of it. And for me being sober is the first step to do that.
Old 06-18-2015, 01:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I've heard it said that if we all threw our problems in a pile and then got to choose from the pile, that we'd all take back our own problems. That's definitely true in my case.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Glad your here bud
Old 06-18-2015, 07:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
I've heard it said that if we all threw our problems in a pile and then got to choose from the pile, that we'd all take back our own problems. That's definitely true in my case.
Yep that's true I had a friend once tell me that and that my problems are My problems I made them etc.