Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

are you still taking prescription anti acids sober?

Notices

Old 06-17-2015, 12:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hi I hope this helps and isn't took as medical advice more for you to take up with your doc..... ive been to see my doctor urgently ive been sober from Cider{acid lol} for 17 days and this last few days I feel really ill...fever sympts but theres no fever

every - x ray - test and scan.. bla bla comes back as im fine when im not

you should consult your docs if any of this rings true but im still taking my prescription anti acid high dose 30mg///but im now leading a healthy lifestyle...there lies the prob

hes dwindling me down over the next few weeks as he reckons they are causing the problem basically you can have low acid and it makes you feel really ill constipated rumbling belly !! food just sits there in your stomach and wind pipe....then you get heartburn which you mistake as acid reflux etc etc

more importantly your body doesn't absorb vitamin b12 with low acid so you start feeling like you've got arthritis-headaches muscle pains the list is endless

please take this up with your doc if you feel in the same boat and tests have come back perfect, I do know you have to taper off them or you will get rebound acid

hope it could help

ohwell
Old 06-17-2015, 12:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
zjw

I used to take those for years then one day i noticed baking soda is good for the same problem and considerably cheaper i started to use it instead after a few weeks or so i just never had acid problems anymore. Dunno why. so of course now i swear by baking soda lol.

I believ they can also lead to low iron levels as well taking them. I guess doctor knows best but there not for me.

I took apple cider vinegar in early sobriety to help with anxiety it helped it also helps with heartburn and such as well too.