Notices

Finally days off!

Old 06-14-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finally days off!

After yet another stretch of 10 hour work days... I have some days off. The trick is to not drink due to the sheer anxiety at having time off, makes no sense but I just want to let loose and I feel like I am going to burst I am finally free!!! I will have another round of insomnia tonight and I am dreading a dr appointment for females tomorrow just a nervous wreck over it. I have to get up early too and no chance at sleep, I already know how this goes I am so super anxious tonight.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hopefully you can unwind, relax and enjoy the time off without any alcohol. Good for you for getting that appointment done - I'm always glad to get that behind me!
Old 06-14-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i have tics again tonight I am so nervous. Last night i had them for over 2 hours. I was so mad I went for a walk got an iced decaf like I often do if I am trying not to drink, but I was just a sad sweaty anxious ticcing mess for so long. I wanted a beer so bad and everyone was out enjoying Saturday night and I was just furious
Old 06-14-2015, 07:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Perhaps you can share all of your concerns with the doc tomorrow?
Old 06-14-2015, 07:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh hah! It's a "ladies" appointment.
Wouldn't be appropriate, my shrink knows I tic and have anxiety he will help me with it I just know I have to weather through but it's always been this way for me w the tics I have had them since I was a child. Stress just makes them bad.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm having a hard time sleeping tonight too!! Work comes early so I need to, but my brain won't stop working!!! Sucks! I hope you can get some relax time in!!
Old 06-14-2015, 08:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So are you on anything for sleep? Benzos, Ambien, OTC sleep meds. I figure you are on some type of benzo unless you refuse them since they can be addicting, because you have bad anxiety and trouble with sleeping like myself. I was on Xanax for a bunch of years, and a few months ago got switched to Klonopin. Neither help me for sleep, and I don't think the Klonopin is really doing the trick for me like the Xanax did. I used to take Trazadone which is non-addicting and that worked good for sleep. Then I got taken off of it because I wasn't really having troubles with sleeping, but that was before my most recent relapses. 3 weeks today since my last drink, but I had gone 8 months and 6 months sober before that. I don't know sometimes anxiety meds are good for some people, and sometimes they are not. They've helped me though, but not totally. I still struggle with anxiety and urges to drink.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am doing a taper off of benzoes
Old 06-14-2015, 09:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Do you like herbal tea? I drink chamomile or some other "sleepytime" blend almost every night. It is relaxing, and a nice ritual to have instead of drinking alcohol.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I like tea, Chamomile does nothing but make me pee. I still like it though but it does not relax me. I am drinking another iced decaf.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yay ocd.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I haven't gotten 8 hours of sleep in years. I am finally on trazodone to help me fall asleep.
Lavender can also help calm your mind. Use the oil in an infuser or in a baby powder. Rub some on your upper chest before you dress for bed. Focusing on the sound of a fan also can help quiet the mind.
Another trick is a small glass of milk and some crackers 30 minutes before bed.
Try to relax. The doc appointment is the pits but it's important.
Old 06-15-2015, 04:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Dr appt. went well
So that's done. Of course that was followed by the "I want a celebratory drink". So as usual I got a huge decaf iced coffee. Now I can finally relax.
Old 06-15-2015, 05:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Enjoy your break Sleepie

D
Old 06-15-2015, 05:58 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I'm glad you have a much-deserved break. The cold coffee sounds delicious!