Notices

Update

Old 06-13-2015, 02:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update

Feeling good today. Working out right now. I have lost about 10 pounds in 7 days by working out hard and watching my caloric intake. I will be at my ideal weight if I lose 15 more pounds, which I am trying to do by early August before family vacation to the lake and boating. Also continuing to just keep on studying, as the more I know will be better not only for my upcoming exam but also for my career. Tomorrow the in laws are coming over for dinner, and I am SUPER excited to watch the Warriors game tomorrow - Cleveland is going down!!! All of these things are reinforcers to continue to be vigilant about alcohol.
Old 06-13-2015, 04:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Keep on keeping on
Old 06-13-2015, 09:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Had a good session with my therapist today. I feel like we are really connecting. It's so nice to have someone who devotes their entire time to me.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Doing pretty okay this morning. Now I have to go workout, as I have 1.5 months to reach my goal of losing 15 more pounds.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through!! You're doing great!!
Old 06-14-2015, 12:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purpleknight View Post
Keep pushing through!! You're doing great!!
Thanks! Just finished my workout and sweating like a pig! Losing weight is just like sobriety - it requires a lot of work and vigilance as to what you eat
Old 06-14-2015, 02:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi, just so you are aware loosing 10lbs in 7 days is not sustainable or safe. To do this you are probably dehydrated and your body will start to go into starvation mode. Meaning next time you take in any large amount of calories your body will cling to it. There are 3500 calories in 1lbs of fat so you are either at a deficite of 35000 calories or very deydrated, be very careful with crash weight loss of this sort it can do real damage to your insides. I say this as someone who has really studied nutrition as a distance runner. You should not loose any more than 2 lbs in a week. Drink lots of water and eat some more food. Atb
Old 06-14-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

007 I was kind of concerned, like what Marathon Man said. Ten pounds a week is not safe- did you mention an eating disorder in another thread?
Old 06-14-2015, 03:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

OMG, it was actually 13 pounds that I lost! But MarathonMan is probably right, as I have been getting stomachaches. I probably have an eating disorder, it just has never been diagnosed due to all of the other issues i have. My weight has stabilized, so there is no way that I am losing that much weight this week. But thank you for your feedback. I am probably dehydrated, as I don't drink water during my workout because I like to weigh myself after my workout to see how much weight I have lost, and I am afraid drinking water during my workout will cause that number to be distorted. My therapist is aware of this issue, but thank you all for your concern. As my parents say, it always seems to be one problem after another, UGH!!!

The dehydration also explains why I always seem to be needing to be in front of fans, LOL! I think losing weight is my way of coping with low self esteem.

Well, my in laws are coming over right now to take us out to dinner. Wish me luck!!!
Old 06-14-2015, 03:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I understand 007, I used to diet and did not consider myself successful unless that number went down every day.
Glad your therapist is aware, just take care
Old 06-14-2015, 03:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
I understand 007, I used to diet and did not consider myself successful unless that number went down every day.
Glad your therapist is aware, just take care
Thank you. But you are right in how I feel. I like to see that number go down each day, and I will do anything to see that drop because it makes me feel good about myself. But this drop never happens on my husband's days off since there is so much more eating. Oh well. We'll see what happens. I think my therapist believes that my alcohol problems are more important right now than my eating issues. But I still would like to post updates on my weight loss, as that makes me feel good, even thought I know it is probably unhealthy.

And to be totally honest with everyone. I really don't care if I am dehydrated or hurting my body. I just care about losing weight. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, I am just being honest about my pathology.
Old 06-14-2015, 04:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Sept 30, 2010

Originally Posted by Soberintexas007 View Post
I don't drink water during my workout because I like to weigh myself after my workout to see how much weight I have lost
Thank you MarathonMan. That was my sentiment too.

It does not take a master's degree to realize that this is an invitation for disaster. You are not losing weight. You are only losing water. Sorry to be blunt, but you can easily dial in a ride to the ER by doing this.

The correct way is to always weight yourself at the same time at the same place, first thing after waking up in the morning and before you consume any food or water. Anything short of that, you are fooling yourself.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomdecel View Post
Thank you MarathonMan. That was my sentiment too.

It does not take a master's degree to realize that this is an invitation for disaster. You are not losing weight. You are only losing water. Sorry to be blunt, but you can easily dial in a ride to the ER by doing this.

The correct way is to always weight yourself at the same time at the same place, first thing after waking up in the morning and before you consume any food or water. Anything short of that, you are fooling yourself.
It makes sense to do it that way, and then I can also drink water during the workout. Thank you for the helpful suggestion. And now that I am going to be able to drink water during the workout, I may be able to work out longer.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:55 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

And to be totally honest with everyone. I really don't care if I am dehydrated or hurting my body. I just care about losing weight. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, I am just being honest about my pathology.
You aren't offending anyone, but you aren't losing weight. It's certainly not healthy either, and the fact that you don't care is most likely indicative of other problems as you suggest. I hope you can share this with your therapist and doctor.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:56 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Things went well with my in laws for dinner. We enjoyed ourselves without any drama, so that is good. And also my Warriors just won!!! One more win away from an NBA Finals championship.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:01 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
You aren't offending anyone, but you aren't losing weight. It's certainly not healthy either, and the fact that you don't care is most likely indicative of other problems as you suggest. I hope you can share this with your therapist and doctor.
Sorry, Scott. But you are incorrect on this one. The fact that my weight today is 13 pounds lower than it was one week ago, I have lost weight. Maybe not as much as what I believe, but I have lost weight. But you are right in that the fact that I don't care about health problems is indicative of other problems. Let's just hope that I don't have to start throwing up to lose weight because I will. When you are desperate for results, there are no boundaries with me. I will do anything to feel better about myself.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:04 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

The more I see my bones showing, the better. Sorry, but true.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:09 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

The more I see my bones showing, the better. Sorry, but true.
Again, there is nothing to be sorry for. It's your health and you will need to attend to it as you see fit. I hope you can share these thought with your therapist and seek medical attention if the situation becomes too severe. Purging to lose weight is a very serious concern that requires intervention.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:11 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

You are right. Purging is never good. But when you have an eating disorder, you just don't care. I appreciate your concern.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:15 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You are right. Purging is never good. But when you have an eating disorder, you just don't care.
The same could be said about addiction....binge drinking to blackout is never good, but when you are an active alcoholic you just don't care.

And just like addiction, eating disorders can be managed and overcome. I hope you can find and accept help.