Notices

Update

Old 06-15-2015, 10:14 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

You don't like AA;
You don't believe in eating disorders;
You don't believe in inpatient treatment;
You refuse to stop doing something that is very unhealthy because you like the results you are getting.

You need to lose your ego and be willing to do whatever it takes to be sober and healthy or it will never work. You say you want it, but you don't. At least, you don't want it badly enough.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:58 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
You don't like AA;
You don't believe in eating disorders;
You don't believe in inpatient treatment;
You refuse to stop doing something that is very unhealthy because you like the results you are getting.

You need to lose your ego and be willing to do whatever it takes to be sober and healthy or it will never work. You say you want it, but you don't. At least, you don't want it badly enough.
Selfishness - self-centeredness! That, we think, is the root of our troubles. Driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity, we step on the toes of our fellows and they retaliate. Sometimes they hurt us, seemingly without provocation, but we invariably find that at some time in the past we have made decisions based on self which later placed us in a position to be hurt.

So our troubles, we think, are basically of our own making. They arise out of ourselves, and the alcoholic is an extreme example of self-will run riot, though he usually doesn't think so. Above everything, we alcoholics must be rid of this selfishness. We must, or it kills us!

In other words- ego deflation.
I've seen many,many egomaics die From alcoholism. Too dam smart for their own good.
And I've seen many, many smart people get some humily, surrender, admit their hi IQ's and intelligence wasn't helping for crap, become teachable, get into action, and recover.

I'm extremely greatful that With the gift if desperation I was able to see my 139 IQ was a huge part of my problem.so dammed smart yet I didn't know how to stop drinking.

In all honesty,SIT, I really don't think you want to get sober. In all honesty, I think your here for attention and entertainment.
Now, you can go and tell me to not read your posts,threads if they bother me, but them don't bother me. What saddens me, though, is ALL of these people taking THEIR time to reply and give advise suggestions, you disregard it, make excuses, look for a pity party...anything but use the advise/ suggestions.

My eyes may sparkle and my teeth may glitter
But I can't bullsh*t and old bullsh*tter.
And there's a LOT if members of the old bullsh*tters club here.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:09 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I think the OP has received more than enough thoughts and ideas about the issues contained in this thread...let's keep personal comments to PM and move on to help some others in need. Thread closed.