Notices

Slipped last night and starting over today

Old 06-10-2015, 02:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm curious SIT, knowing that you are studying to be a counselor, how you would counsel someone if you do believe that we are all just going through the motions of a script that has already been written? The definition of therapy: a treatment designed to "bring about"rehabilitation or social adjustment. That is an action.

Are you going to advise someone that expending energy on change is fruitless because we are powerless to change outcomes?

Most people go to therapy because the problems they are having necessitate change. Studying to be a professional who advises patients on how to bring about constructive change to improve their lives seems in direct contradiction to the fatalistic attitude you are adopting.

This is life or death stuff. You have discounted inpatient before but I would be concerned about the fact that each time you slip you are reinforcing that behavior. I think trivializing what is going on is hurting you. I hope you decide you are worth more.
Old 06-10-2015, 02:43 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You don't seem too serious about your recovery--and several of your responses seem glib and dismissive
to those who care about you and your sobriety.