The ultimatum has been given

Old 05-30-2015, 04:02 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
EndGame

Work on Your Relationship, or End It? | Bonding Time
Old 05-30-2015, 05:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
zjw

He thinks I am controlling him, abusing him, and threatening him...
Well you are from his perpective your trying to control his drinking and your abusing him if you think your gonna take it and your threatening im buy getting upset about it. From his view its all true.

Your not wrong dont get me wrong. But since he's sick this is sadly how he sees it.

I hope he gets it together. Sounds like a sad sitution. even at my worst i still got my kids to bed i still got up and went to work each day on time i still did what i had to do. I was not perfect in so many ways i was screwing up but i did get that much right some how. I never drove my kids drunk or nothing like that. and by the grace of god i was sober for each of there births The odds of that are incredible but some how i managed that one.

Point is he could try a little harder!
Old 05-30-2015, 05:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Decide what you want.
Lay down the law.
Let him know what the consequences will be if he falls short.
Then, tell him it's now up to him.

In case things once more go the wrong way,
have your game plan ready.

MM
Old 05-30-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
zjw

more then a year after i sobered up my wife told me on a number of occaisions she contimplated walking out on me. I had no idea!

I think if she had I woulda just let her tho. I woulda chosen booze i was pretty sick.
Old 05-30-2015, 08:35 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

It's a tough decision to make because you love your alcoholic husband, but it is also YOUR choice to make. I live with an active alcoholic, but I love him and hate the disease. I guess we all reach our own bottoms with our alcoholic loved ones, and you get to decide what is your bottom. Best of luck in your decision and God bless!
Old 05-30-2015, 09:30 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

CG, I am just seeing this.

I've followed you from the beginning here too. You've gotten good advice in this thread, but I wanted to say something about your animals.

I worked in animal shelters, and I love my animals, too. You may need to find temporary shelter for yourself and leave them behind - BUT - start making phone calls to animal shelters and domestic abuse shelters and explain about your animals. There are people who can and do take animals on a temporary/foster basis in situations like this - just start making calls. I know you 've said several times that you won't leave your animals. The only other choice is for him to move. I think you two need some time apart, don't you? Maybe it won't be permanent.

In the meantime, I'd find childcare for LCG. She is in danger.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you are having to deal with this. It is so hard.

Can you find a responsible adult to leave your little girl with while you are not home to care for her? If she should ever become scared enough to dial 911, or a friend or neighbor stop in while she is in the care of a passed-out drunk in the toilet, you could very well come home to find your daughter not there at all.

Please love your daughter more than anyone right now - she doesn't have the ability to make the choices that you do.

Take good care and I'm hoping you can find some peace in this situation.

...Ruby...
Old 05-31-2015, 05:37 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Instead of hitting the button nine thousand times I'm just going to tell you all thank you.

Jennifer
Old 06-01-2015, 11:21 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

How sad for him and his daughter.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:44 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hey, I just saw this and am sending hugs. Been there, done that and it stinks. When you absolutely cannot trust the person who you thought could be trusted. My husband is one of those. Sadly, I can't rely on him. It is sickening and enrages me. Or did because I don't leave the kids for long, if at all, when he's home.

Hugs. It's an agonizing position to be in. We've got your back.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:08 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Hey, I just saw this and am sending hugs. Been there, done that and it stinks. When you absolutely cannot trust the person who you thought could be trusted. My husband is one of those. Sadly, I can't rely on him. It is sickening and enrages me. Or did because I don't leave the kids for long, if at all, when he's home. Hugs. It's an agonizing position to be in. We've got your back.
Thank you for this. It sucks we spend our time planning around this sickness. I don't feel alone in this anymore. Thankyouthankyouthankyou

Jennifer