Old 05-31-2015, 09:55 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Hi Sleepie!

It's good to have you here.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:11 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thank you.
Well this is embarrassing. But for any insights I want to tell you about Thursday and Friday.
For reasons I do not know,I was anxious on a scale of from one to ten- about eleven.
I was frantic after work Thursday night, I was finally free after 3 ten hour days in a row, I barely had enough for rent and food. I got home at 11 p.m. after work and immediately had to go shop so I had food for the next day. The store was picked over and not much produce left. Then Friday I had a run away hamster so there was drama trying to find him. Plus I had errands to do. And I had a stressful situation with my roommate. And I knew I had an obligation that evening that I was looking forward to but nervous about because crowds and strangers really, really unnerve me. Ridiculous at my age. I lost it and just started crying.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:32 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
zjw

Ridiculous at my age. I lost it and just started crying.
nah its alright happens to all of us from time to time.

you could nothing going on in your life and the anxiety could still be 11 because battleing getting off benzos and booze does this to you. my anxiety was off the charts when i sobered up.

I know it sucks but know its kinda par for the course with what your going through and that it'll get better.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:56 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Glad that you have made the choice to stop drinking again. So you said that rather than counting days sober, you are instead just going to view yourself as a non drinker. Interesting...
Old 05-31-2015, 11:17 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Sleepie, I need to ask you this. What does your doctor say about the anxiety? Are you emotionally ready to be off benzos? It's there something else, an antidepressant or something that might be more helpful while you get a handle on the OCD and other issues?

also, about the other woman from your boyfriends's past? If they wanted to be together, wouldn't they be? Obviously it wasn't all that and a bag of chips or they would still be an item. Right? He prefers to be with you.

Not drinking got a lot easier for me when I finally made the decision to never drink again and never change my mind. Good day. Bad day or what ever. I don't drink. Drinking is not an option.

I mentioned to you that you might ask your doctor about atenolol. It's a beta blocker, non addictive. Doesn't affect the mood. It does affect the heart rate and blood pressure. You may feel less anxious. I take a tiny amount, 25 mgs a day, and it helps me feel calm. Please ask about it. You don't deserve to feel so anxious.

Love from Lenina
Old 05-31-2015, 11:25 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Ok, thanks Lenina I will ask about it.
I feel like a loser that I can't get a grip on this anxiety.
I don't know if I can label myself a healthy person, or non drinker... I was just trying for a different perspective? I heard what we tell ourselves is what we believe?
Old 05-31-2015, 11:56 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

That part is true! We manifest our self talk. You might find Lousie Hay "You Can Heal Your Life" helpful. I know I did! It really changed up the way I thought and helped me move forward,

Another thing too, that sounded so hokey silly to me but was effective was writing out affirmations. Old style with a pen and paper. It did help.

We do recover, sleepie. I'm proof. I know you can too.

Love from Lenina
Old 05-31-2015, 11:59 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
22 days and off a bit.

Guess I'll have to start another countdown tomorrow.

Sorry guys I let you down.
I'm in the same boat, 42 days down the drain
Old 05-31-2015, 11:59 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Get back on that wagon and good luck
Old 05-31-2015, 12:11 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Thank you Lenina

Bluebird I had about 40 days over the winter. 42 days is so great!
Let's go forth
Old 05-31-2015, 06:43 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Sleepie, how about thinking of yourself as "a person who no longer drinks"?

Lenina had great suggestions.

I was on an anxiolytic that was nonaddictive. That was a while ago, but I remember that it did help.

He is with you, not her. And for good reasons Go with that. Accept it.

Remember that it gets easier. So when things get tough, don't resort to drinking because if you hang on long enough, you are going to see that you will be able to handle things better and better. It's not just pie in the sky. It really will happen.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I wondered if I might upgrade my phone so I can access SR more. But I really hate being so needy and over posting.

oh good heavens, sleepie!
don't NOT use the resource where you get support.
add to it, if anything.
post as much as you need.

i don't LIKE being needy, either.
but boy is it good to know i'm part of humanity, where everyone needs once in a while when going through tough times. everyone.
how lucky many of us are that we can say so and there are others to hear us and talk with
Old 05-31-2015, 07:30 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear )-: