Notices

It's time.

Old 05-27-2015, 11:41 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
zjw

I wouldnt touch fake meat products and such nastyness! soy stuff screws with estrogen no doubt about it.

as for the vegans and carbs. theres actually some documentaries and books out there about people reverseing type 2 and dare i say in some cases type 1 even getting under control By eating a high carbohydrate low fat vegan diet. There is a method to the madness.

But I agree not everyone wants to eat a vegan diet etc. So do what works for you.
Old 05-27-2015, 12:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I used to eat a lot of fake meat and tofu, too. Now I avoid it. I'm not completely vegetarian, I just don't like meat very much.

There's a lot you can do with lentils, chickpeas, black beans, pinto beans, etc and they're all really cheap. Eggs, plain yogurt, cottage cheese are not too expensive, too.

It's too bad that it does sometimes cost more to eat healthfully, but it's a little easier for me now that I'm not blowing all my money on vodka!

I hope you find something that works for you. But don't be too hard on yourself right now. Staying sober is key and you can work in the rest as you go.
Old 05-27-2015, 12:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
zjw

It's too bad that it does sometimes cost more to eat healthfully, but it's a little easier for me now that I'm not blowing all my money on vodka!
lol yeah I sometimes sit there thinking ugg I gotta buy a new pair of running shoes money money money or oh gee i need to buy more veggies money money money and i stress maybe I should shop around or get something cheaper or not do this etc.. rarar then I think about how back when i drank and smoke i didnt htink twice about blowing considerably /MORE/ money on booze and smokes then i do now on good food and running shoes. Then i realize its not so bad to spend on this.