Notices

No Hangovers

Old 05-24-2015, 04:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No Hangovers

Hi,

I Have Been Drinking for 30 Years The Last 5 Years I Drink At Least 10 Beers A Day Or 2 Pints Of Vodka And I Have Never Had A Hangover All I Get Is Anxiety I Wish I Would Get Sick As A Dog.
Old 05-24-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Wayne

I never got hangovers by the end either - probably because I drank around the clock and was always a little drunk?

do you want to quit drinking?

D
Old 05-24-2015, 04:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

No hangovers here either. Just a little dehydrated occasionally but I just drank a beer to get over it. I eventually hit my bottom emotionally and quit. Never regretted it. Welcome!
Old 05-24-2015, 04:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Absolutely Yes

Absolutely Yes

What I Am Wondering Is Are There Other People That Do Not Get Hangovers For Some Reason ?
Old 05-24-2015, 04:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Not to alarm you but it's probably not a good sign
If you are a heavy drinker, then your lack of hangovers could be a sign that your body is addicted to and dependent on alcohol to function normally....

In this case, you may feel physical withdrawal symptoms when you discontinue drinking alcohol, but you may not experience hangover symptoms after drinking alcohol.

Alcohol dependence is a common sign of alcohol abuse. No matter how much or how little alcohol you're drinking, if alcohol use is contributing to problems for you (such as damaging relationships with family or friends, or hindering your ability to perform well in school or at work), then you may want to consider seeing a counselor to further explore your relationship with alcohol. Simply not having hangovers in general is not a sign of a serious problem. However, if the reason you aren't getting hangovers is because your body is dependent on alcohol, then this could be a problem. Only you will know if your alcohol use is problematic
No hangovers = problem? | Go Ask Alice!
Old 05-24-2015, 04:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Well- my witching hour was about 7pm. Around 6:30pm I would get a headache and feel nauseous. Taking the first drink or 2 fixed that right up, so I would drink until I blacked out and start over again the next night. I always said I didn't get hangovers either. I just took another drink to 'cure' it. Yet one of the many lies I told myself.

If you want to stop drinking, you will find a lot of support here!
Old 05-24-2015, 05:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi Wayne! I didn't get hangovers the last few years of my drinking either but the anxiety was unbearable! Waking up at 3am in a panic was getting really old and it's a big reason I chose to quit drinking.
There's a lot of great support here for you!
Old 05-24-2015, 05:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

My hangovers slowly evolved into withdrawals, so I ended up just staying drunk all the time to avoid them. Then the anxiety kicked in and even drinking would not calm it, that's when I knew I had to quit.
Old 05-24-2015, 05:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I got hangovers not as bad when I drank a certain brand of beer. Glad to be on my why to having a sober holiday weekend !!!
Old 05-24-2015, 06:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

If you are asking why you don't get hangovers I don't know. I know I never in my life did. Just occasional mild dehydration. Just the way you are made I guess.

You thinking of quitting?
Old 05-24-2015, 10:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I didn't get classic hangovers either. Withdrawals? Yes. I literally never vomited, ever but had heart palpitations, sweating, really jarring anxiety, and daily duarrhea but nothing like the stereotypical puking in the toilet.

I also drank every night, about the same amount as you.
Old 05-25-2015, 05:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

When I was drinking every day, usually around 8 tall boys, I didn't get hangovers but I would feel like crap all the next day until I had my next drink. It just became the norm. It wasn't until I stopped that I realized just how lousy I was feeling all the time.

I started back up again after a few months but only once or twice a week...... Now I get hangovers.

But I'm trying hard to give it up again. I HATE being hungover!
Old 05-25-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I never got hangovers either towards the end, and as others say I think in my case it was because I was almost always drunk, or in a short window between when my blood alcohol level went to zero and when I started drinking again. But if that window lengthened and I started to go through withdrawal, watch out...
Old 05-26-2015, 05:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hangovers - yes. In fact when I get(got) them they took longer and longer to get over. Also accompanied by shakes, pain in hands (neuropathy). God why did I do this to myself.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I never used to get them, but I do now... I think it came with age for me (early 40's now). Had family over yesterday and felt miserable all day while I was smoking up ribs on the grill. Result of a week long binge that started on a business trip and carried right into the weekend...

Blamed myself not feeling well on a "migraine" because they all believe that I quit drinking a long time ago, which I had/did, but, well, you know... Still feel like crap today... Need to start hanging around here again more often...
Old 05-26-2015, 10:43 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by ForMyGirls View Post
I never used to get them, but I do now... I think it came with age for me (early 40's now). Had family over yesterday and felt miserable all day while I was smoking up ribs on the grill. Result of a week long binge that started on a business trip and carried right into the weekend...

Blamed myself not feeling well on a "migraine" because they all believe that I quit drinking a long time ago, which I had/did, but, well, you know... Still feel like crap today... Need to start hanging around here again more often...
Welcome back FMG. You've been battling this for a long time...I hope you can hang around some more as well.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:28 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I think we all have some form of a hangover after heavy drinking. Physically I dont see its possible not to. Im not a doctor but I can tell you from experience. If you get drunk then your going to be hungover afterwards. The older you get the longer they last. Then one day you don't wake up. Just my opinion.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:30 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I used to drink like a fish,and had hangovers every day.
The hangovers stopped about 6 years ago though,because I quit drinking.