Notices

Pushy Pushy

Old 05-23-2015, 08:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pushy Pushy

I don't know if I have been slacking off or settling into sobriety but thought I should post.

I was just at the grocery store and they had a guy who has handing out beer samples. When asked if I want one I simply said "no, thank you". He proceeded to try to hand it to me and said it was the perfect beer for memorial day. Honestly, I wanted to taste it. However, I don't drink anymore, so, what would be the point of trying a new summer whatever beer.

I've still been lurking around but this threw me a bit, so here I am posting.

BTW, it was just barely 11am.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Don't think much of it, it's his job to hawk the product, and he certainly does not know your history with alcohol. It could just as easily been someone giving out samples of food or selling newspaper subscriptions. And yes some of them are pushy, but that's just life.

Good job on coming here to talk it out....always good to lean on your support network when you need it.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I got a free chocolate stuff Oreo the other day.

I really wanted to buy a pack.

But, weight loss

I feel your pain.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just to clarify, I don't think he did anything wrong. Everyone has to pay the bills. It was just surprising that early in the day. I don't usually have to watch out for that sort of thing in the AM.

Haha, Bimini, and I yours. Those do sound good.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Isn't it strange how as soon as we quit a substance ALL Of A SUDDEN free samples come out of the wood work like never before? ?
I've been given a free bottle of GOOD 1800 tequila , won 3 bottles of random booze at 3 different raffles , oh, and one time, on a sugar cleanse , these kids having a bake sale at my school tried to give me all of their un sold baked goods (pies, cookies, and brownies) , bc they didn't want to take them home with them.
some people can be really pushy , some people think im just being polite by saying no. Sometimes I say, "it makes me sick " or " I dont really like that stuff "
People are more likely to drop it if I give them a solid reason.
It's just a reminder of why one was never enough, the more I say no the easier it gets
Old 05-23-2015, 01:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I don't know what it is, but people that give out samples seriously **** me off. I like to be left alone, and it never fails that whenever I go out grocery shopping, people are always pestering me to try a free sample, or sign up for a promotion I have no interest in. If somebody approached me with a sample of alcohol I'd simply say no thank you, and if they pressed further I'd tell them I don't drink. I think you handled the situation well, and I understand if you were frustrated.