Notices

Boy, was MY chin red...

Old 05-21-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Boy, was MY chin red...

...and still is, actually. I've always taken very good care of my skin but the last few months or so of drinking, my chin would be red, like eczema, or a rash or something. Not broken blood vessels or anything, but just red. It's been four days and is pretty much almost cleared up, but still a tiny bit red.
Anyone ever have something like that?

I figured it was probably booze-related and there ya go...Our bodies DO NOT LIKE THE STUFF.

Also. The night sweats. Uggghhhh. Hot! Cold! Hot! Cold!
Old 05-21-2015, 07:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I was pretty amazed how much my appearance changed ( for the better) after a few weeks. The bloated face/baggy eyes cleared up and my skin felt much better. Congrats on day 4....and keep it up, things will get better every day.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My face was constantly hot and bright read the entire time I was drinking. I think there are other times when I wasn't sweating when I just looked ashen. I look like total and complete crap I can tell you that much.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My chin, nose, and corners of my mouth would get red and dry after a heavy day or two of drinking. Very embarrassing and most definitely alcohol related!
Old 05-22-2015, 01:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I remember getting a rash on the side of my face when I was drinking heavily. Everyone kept asking me about it which was embarrassing. It did clear up in the absence of of alcohol though. Thankfully.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I used to get a hot itchy rash on my eyelids, they were also a bit puffy and sore. My hair had started falling out on one side and I had a fungal infection on my big toe that wouldn't heal. All of this disappeared within a couple of months. The biggest physical change though was not having stomach cramps and diarrhea ( sorry if TMI)
Old 05-22-2015, 07:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My face shrunk the in the 22 days I've been sober. Bloated face from drinking I look and feel better.