Notices

Day 3 update

Old 05-21-2015, 01:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 update

Well, here I am back on day 3. I am going to exercise, then do some studying for my upcoming exam, then possibly go to an AA meeting.

I feel stronger about my upcoming off days with my husband. One of these weekends I believe I will get it. Hey, it's progress not perfection. And last weekend, I made it until 6 pm on his Sunday off day. I just needed to get home and go to bed but instead I chose to drink. I feel more optimistic that the result will be different this time.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just finished exercising. Feeling pretty well. Am going to an AA meeting later on tonight. Meeting with my sponsor tomorrow to start the steps. Thinking about also purchasing the Rational Recovery book by Jack Trimpey....can I get that book at a bookstore? I want to develop an eclectic approach to my sobriety that incorporates different tools from different methods. Remember, it's progress not perfection.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

All of this studying is somewhat difficult. I find it difficult concentrating at times. And then I procrastinate. Ugh....There is just so much that it becomes overwhelming. I'm feeling tired and may just stay in for the night.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

I found it really hard to concentrate too after I quit. Sometimes I still have trouble focusing when I read. I spent a lot of time here picking up different things from people. I didn't use one particular method, it was more social support.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justbreathe1980 View Post
Well, here I am back on day 3. I am going to exercise, then do some studying for my upcoming exam, then possibly go to an AA meeting.

Hi.
You obviously have choices you can make on your own.
In the old days of AA the old timers would remind us neewbees that our number one priority is staying sober by going to meetings to learn and absorb how to stay sober from those who are. If not all I worked for would be lost. I was taught that my best thinking in the past got me here and changes were needed by listening and taking positive actions.
Getting rid of my undisciplined ways was work but certainly the results.

BE WELL