Notices

Detox ideas

Old 05-21-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Detox ideas

Does anyone have any good natural detox ideas I can do at home? Trying to start right away.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Originally Posted by friedpickle View Post
Does anyone have any good natural detox ideas I can do at home? Trying to start right away.
Lots of water and rest. The liver is an awesome natural detoxifier.

*this sounds dismissive but is not intended to be. The liver is really that amazing. I realize though that there are a bunch of herbs and supps to support the liver but I know very little about these. Have you talked to your Doc about detox?
Old 05-21-2015, 12:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well I haven't seen a doctor yet. But I did some research and read about natural and healthy ways to detox such as Epsom salt and baking soda baths..oil pulling..and I take milk thistle, fish oil and vitamin b..I just just curious if anyone else knew of some healthy ways to detox just to keep extra healthy until I can see a doctor.
I try and drink 2 liters of water a day as well as walk 4-8 miles but I definitely had my weak days where I didnt do any of that
Old 05-21-2015, 05:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

are you already sober or trying sobriety?

medical detoxing is your best starting point, then you can discuss an increase in options for helping your Already Alcohol-Free Body to get healthier. Way too many variables are at stake here
Old 05-21-2015, 05:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I recommend seeing a Dr. It's the safest option.

Do it yourself detox can be fine for many, but some of us have had real problems.

There's really no way to know which camp you're in until it happens.

D
Old 05-23-2015, 12:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Let me know how the oil pulling works as an alcohol detox! I've used it for other ailments and it's amazing , I used to get sick constantly now it's only once or twice a year. It did make me experience a herxheimer reaction at first though so things got worse before they got better
Old 05-23-2015, 01:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Dehydration is very often an issue when detoxing from alcohol. I would recommend that you stock up on gatorade or sport drinks. Going to a sauna is a terrible idea since dehydration is one of the risks associated with sauna.
Also be careful with supplements, some people do have reactions to them.

I would recommend that you consult with your doctor rather than listen to some strangers on the internet.