Notices

when you problems feel like nothing

Old 05-21-2015, 07:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
zjw

when you problems feel like nothing

I started my day off with an email from my arrogant boss. Long story short it just ticked me off and I've been stewing about it feeling crappy ever since really wishing i'd get fired or walk off the job etc.. Knowing full well an AA meeting might be a good idea for me this evening.

Then I stumbled on an article about a poor women suffering from anorexia and is ont hebrink of death begging for help. and I thought geeze my mental hangups with work got nothing on this poor womens troubles.

My work issues started to seem small.

Then my wife comes in she has to run out and help a friend whos husband cant be there because he has to work (they are so broke he just cant take the time right now) she has to go in for a induction to deliver her still born baby. I'm in tears just thinking about it. I told my wife i cannot stomach details on this one so spare me but go do what you gotta do and help her. I hope my wife fairs ok and this women does ok.

Now my problems with work feel well nonexistant. I'm thank for this. I'm thankful i got osmething better to worry about and can spend my time being supportive of my wife instead of stewing over my job.

clearly theres more important things in life. I'm happy to not have to be stuck stewing over work now. that could get me fired i guess but oh well some peoples needs are more important then my boss's nonsense.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

In a roundabout way you are talking about gratitude here..and that's a good thing in my book. To often we forget that there will always be bad things in our lives, no matter where we work/live. Best of luck to you and your wife making it through all this...your gratitude will help. And I truly believe that giving of yourself to others is always repaid in the end.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's always helpful to get outside of yourself and see what other people are dealing with. For a long time, I felt like I was the only one who was struggling so hard with depression and anxiety. But, when I was able to look around me, I realized how truly lucky I was.

Good for you for supporting your wife, too.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
zjw

I hate it sometimes. I was gonna post up here this morning the usual gripe about my job etc...

Now i just feel like the guy complaining about the color of his shoes to the guy who has no feet.

I've always been very detatched from the whole miscarriage thing all my life. I chalked it up to as being a man i just dont get it.

But i dunno in the last couple years maybe because i have 6 kids whenever i hear of someone having one its started to hit home and become more /real/ to me if that makes any sense.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Do all know how much this old lady loves you... my hubby has started playing with not taking a morphine pill. and his tummy is killing him and pulling me apart.. can't talk to the doctor as the first thing they do is run to him with your wife is so sad . what is up.. and you all know where that goes...

prayers so many prayers you all are in my thoughts every day..

work stress when the guy I have to work with is a jerk I look at my pay stub and go I can pay some bills. not many .. but have food on the table a bit too. ah poo life is a pickle with bumps and we just have to chew around the bad spots. hugs ardy..

Originally Posted by zjw View Post
I started my day off with an email from my arrogant boss. Long story short it just ticked me off and I've been stewing about it feeling crappy ever since really wishing i'd get fired or walk off the job etc.. Knowing full well an AA meeting might be a good idea for me this evening.

Then I stumbled on an article about a poor women suffering from anorexia and is ont hebrink of death begging for help. and I thought geeze my mental hangups with work got nothing on this poor womens troubles.

My work issues started to seem small.

Then my wife comes in she has to run out and help a friend whos husband cant be there because he has to work (they are so broke he just cant take the time right now) she has to go in for a induction to deliver her still born baby. I'm in tears just thinking about it. I told my wife i cannot stomach details on this one so spare me but go do what you gotta do and help her. I hope my wife fairs ok and this women does ok.

Now my problems with work feel well nonexistant. I'm thank for this. I'm thankful i got osmething better to worry about and can spend my time being supportive of my wife instead of stewing over my job.

clearly theres more important things in life. I'm happy to not have to be stuck stewing over work now. that could get me fired i guess but oh well some peoples needs are more important then my boss's nonsense.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
zjw

work stress when the guy I have to work with is a jerk I look at my pay stub and go I can pay some bills. not many .. but have food on the table a bit too. ah poo life is a pickle with bumps and we just have to chew around the bad spots. hugs
Thanks I needed to hear this. I think i just get caught up in my own BS. i'm glad some other things are happening to yank me out of me and my nonsense.

its like pesticides on apples say. I grow my own fruits and i dont use that stuff so I'll eat around the worms if there are any and i'm just estatic to have something to eat while others freak out and squirm. I wonder what did people do before presticides? Probably ate the worms and where thankful to have them.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great post well put. Perspective is good you'll be ok today.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Nice post, ZJW. I think that in sobriety we gain a perspective we didn't have before. And with it, as Scott notes, gratitude. Your wife sounds like good people -- a loyal friend for truly someone during a dark, painful time.

I was thinking about how we tend to find our troubles make us "terminally unique" when I wrote the post linked below. The term was used by one of our wise fellow SRers and it stuck with me.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...not-drink.html

BTW, I flubbed up when originally trying to create the hyperlink to the "terminally unique" reference in another post. It is here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...newcomers.html