Notices

Bad Craving Tonight :/

Old 05-20-2015, 10:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bad Craving Tonight :/

Half hour ago I remembered this bar not too far from me that I used to go to from 1 until 2. It's a quiet place that is almost always empty by one and I'd go and sit with my notebook and drink a few beers and I guess once that image came into my head it really knocked me about.

Just craving pretty tough right now. Made a pot of coffee and am sitting around, but I'm still lousy.

Got the rush of it in my blood and veins right now My head is surprisingly alright; I usually enter into crazy panic mode with this, but right now, at least while typing, I feel okay enough mentally.

What's everyone up to? I'm hoping that I can calm down soon and finish this book I've been reading, but right now I know that I won't be able to process any of it.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Hi QT,

I'm catching up on SR going-ons. How about lacing up some shoes and going for a 15minute run? Or speed-walk? Making sure that you are well hydrated and fed is a good idea (the HALT). You have got this QT!

Originally Posted by QuietToday View Post
Half hour ago I remembered this bar not too far from me that I used to go to from 1 until 2. It's a quiet place that is almost always empty by one and I'd go and sit with my notebook and drink a few beers and I guess once that image came into my head it really knocked me about.

Just craving pretty tough right now. Made a pot of coffee and am sitting around, but I'm still lousy.

Got the rush of it in my blood and veins right now My head is surprisingly alright; I usually enter into crazy panic mode with this, but right now, at least while typing, I feel okay enough mentally.

What's everyone up to? I'm hoping that I can calm down soon and finish this book I've been reading, but right now I know that I won't be able to process any of it.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Verte View Post
Hi QT,

I'm catching up on SR going-ons. How about lacing up some shoes and going for a 15minute run? Or speed-walk? Making sure that you are well hydrated and fed is a good idea (the HALT). You have got this QT!
Thanks for the quick reply! And I was actually about to go take a quick walk I forgot I found an old 80's Walkman in the basement the other day and I've been meaning to listen to those great ol' Hair Metal casettes I've had lying around lol.

Good speed walk, then shower. Hopefully that sets me straight enough to finish this book and, if I'm super lucky, fall asleep

Big thing I keep reminding myself right now is that my cravings are, as far as I'm aware, exclusive to nights. So long as I can fall asleep and pass the hours, the next day I'm all okay. Just gotta keep reminding myself that this isn't permanent, and that this will pass.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've just woken up but experienced bad cravings last night. Went for a walk, had a good think and woke up this morning thankful of another sober day. Hope you make the same decision and good luck
Old 05-21-2015, 07:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
pray for strength

WTG Bluebird!

QT, what's the word? Tell us about your night. How's that book coming along? Make sure you dink a ton of water and eat regularly today. You know that the cravings hit hard at night so now you can keep your speed-walking shoes ready by the door. Check-in when you have the chance!
Old 05-21-2015, 08:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the check up, Verte

Made it through the night okay. I went for a walk and eventually showered and the craving went away--- but whenever I get a craving my body gets so intense and elevated that it really throws me off. Didn't fall asleep until 6 in the morning

But I didn't drink And I did finish that book, as well as read half of another one, before eventually falling asleep lol.

And yeah; I feel pretty wiped and very tired from not enough sleep, but coffee and water is getting me back to shape right now. Fingers crossed it's easy for me to fall asleep tonight!