Notices

Starting to get better.

Old 05-18-2015, 05:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Starting to get better.

Hello everyone. Just like to shout out to everyone on here that I have humble success story. Also I feel genuinely good as of late. Life is slowly coming back into focus. I have been sober for the past 6 months apart from one night of weakness 73 days ago. I'm getting the feeling that drinking has held me back for so long that there is no point in ever drinking again. My attitude is improving and job performance is better. Even my music (I play bass) is more focused and enjoyable.

I don't miss those damn hangovers or missed opportunities because I felt too sick the next day to do anything productive. Also the amount of money I'm saving from not buying booze each week is astonishing.

I know cravings can come on strong late in this journey. I fell for it after 100 days. We must stand vigilant to the temptation and the lies of drinking. I don't want to sound preachy but if your is struggling with the prison sentence that is alcoholism like I was/am you should know It does get better. It may take time and it's not easy but what a payoff.

Hang in there guys.

I'm not out of the woods just yet but things are looking and feeling good for old Need2try.

Thank you SR! I'm glad I found this place even though I don't post much.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Need2try - it's great to hear how positive and motivated you are. Congratulations on your sober time.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear all is well Need2try

D
Old 05-18-2015, 08:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nice! Sounds like you are on the right track! Very lucky!!! But I am sure you have earned it!