Notices

Day 1 Update

Old 05-18-2015, 06:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1 Update

Tired this morning but just wanted to post before I go back to bed and rest. I was just texting my husband's mom about the situation asking her what she thought about the situation. Yes, I did choose to drink yesterday, but when your husband is drinking alcohol before the movie, during the movie, and you know after, it just gets really hard. I just don't know why he would not be more supportive. His mother told me that he is an alcoholic, and that is what alcoholics do. I told her she is right.

I am going to have to figure out a way to try and stay sober while being around an alcoholic who drinks all of the time.

I'm sorry you guys that I relapsed, but it obviously hurts me the most. Ok, well I need to go get some more rest.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm starting over today too. I was mad that I was drunk last night and I poured out every drop in the house before bed.

I live alone so don't have quite the same challenges but I have one common one with you none the less.

My advice is to pick yourself up, dust yourself off. Think about what you've learned and how you're going to handle your partner (andy any other triggers) and to try, harder. Thats what I'm going to do.

We CAN do this.

CJ
Old 05-18-2015, 07:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
zjw

Tired this morning but just wanted to post before I go back to bed and rest. I was just texting my husband's mom about the situation asking her what she thought about the situation. Yes, I did choose to drink yesterday, but when your husband is drinking alcohol before the movie, during the movie, and you know after, it just gets really hard. I just don't know why he would not be more supportive. His mother told me that he is an alcoholic, and that is what alcoholics do. I told her she is right.
try not to allow it to be a reason to drink. people do get sober despite the worst conditions possibe to do so. people also go through all sorts of various terrible things and remain sober as well. I know in AA or on this board you'll hear stories of folks retaining and maintaining sobriety despite the odds being stacked against them.

Is it really crummy you have this obstacle at this time? oh absolutly! but I'd bet money if it wasnt his drinking issues it'd be some other big obstacle. Lifes really great about throwing htem our way and we are really great at coming up with reasons to drink.

Every time he drinks and you dont its another victory for you. you keep doing that and you'll get strong.

would it be possible during this tough time to sit in a diff part of hte house while he is in another drinking? out of sight out of mind sorta thing. Nothing against him but you wanna remain sober so just keep your distance some till you get a little more steady on your feet?
Old 05-18-2015, 07:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Me three.
And for me, for the first time in months, I truly HONESTLY feel ready...not just a half hearted, I want to be ready ready.
Yupp, we can do this.
JustBreathe, I sympathize with your position. It would not be possible for me to quit drinking living with another alcoholic.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 1 here also...Quitting with a drinking partner HAS to be challenging. I've had to do it but fell short at 10 months. I'm back after a month-long drinkfest with the wife---we both lost. She's doin' day one also. No real advice here as I obviously have not got it right yet but congrats on getting back on the horse--tis the only way.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

anattaboy, congratulations of your day one. It is lovely that your wife is willing to do this with you.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My husband drinks. I just had a difficult weekend at our cabin, just the two of us and our dog. I get how difficult it is. You can do this, too.
Old 05-18-2015, 01:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justbreathe1980 View Post

I am going to have to figure out a way to try and stay sober while being around an alcoholic who drinks all of the time.

I'm sorry you guys that I relapsed, but it obviously hurts me the most. Ok, well I need to go get some more rest.
On day 100 and something.... I live with my mom who drinks, nightly. I just try to keep to myself most days. And I tell you what... that sound of a beer cracking open in the kitchen while I am in my room just makes me cringe now.

Guess getting that space will be harder for you since he is your husband....
Old 05-18-2015, 01:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Keep trying Justbreathe Stick with your sponsor.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone.