Notices

Seven Days Sober - hitting triggers

Old 05-17-2015, 06:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Seven Days Sober - hitting triggers

I got lucky that my recovery plan meant vitamins and meds already prescribed and a planned quit date. Seven days sober and my husband is out of town. My biggest trigger (there is a PTSD component in there) is being alone. I am not alone. I have a child and I almost died the last time he went out of town.

I am alone. That is a major trigger. I can only say I experienced a major trauma alone while pregnant and it still affects me despite therapy.

I am glad I found this place again. Reading your stories makes me feel like I am not alone. I am gonna hit those triggers this week. I am not going to fall. I played Legos with my kid for two hours tonight. Best two hours of my life. I want that to continue.

I poured the wine I bought down the drain. I can do this. I am glad I found this place.
Old 05-17-2015, 07:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done getting rid of that wine!
You already have a full week of sobriety and you are spending quality time with your kid.

Sounds like success to me.

Welcome to SR
Old 05-17-2015, 07:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I spent many, many hours a day on here. In the evenings when I felt like crawling the walls for a drink I would log in here for three, four, five hours and just read and read. If you've read through the whole current page, go back a few years and keep reading!

Some of my favorite posts are from 2006 or 2008 lol. They are all available to read. Sometimes when I'd exhausted the day's posts I'd wonder what kind of posts were there in June 2009 and I'd read and read.

Some people go to meetings every day. I spent hours every day on here. That was my version of meetings. Believe me, the first few weeks there were times I wanted to chew my fingers off with cravings. Two things helped: SR and candy.
Old 05-17-2015, 07:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Melinda. You are not alone and I can relate to you quite a bit.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

Glad you are with us, Elissa!