Notices

Day 5 Update

Old 05-16-2015, 01:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5 Update

Well, I have made it to Day 5 and feeling okay. Last night was a unique outcome that I will be able to share with my therapist today, in that it was the first day in awhile that I have not drank when my husband was drinking in front of me, as she was concerned about that.

But I know that I must stay sober, and that my sobriety should not be dependent on whether or not someone else is drinking, even though it will take more willpower from me since it is more difficult if my husband is drinking in front of me.

This is the first 5 days in awhile that I have been sober from gambling, alcohol, drugs, nicotine, and caffeine. So I am feeling pretty strong in my recovery. Just have to keep it up!
Old 05-16-2015, 01:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi and congratulations.
It took me awhile to understand that I needed to be sober for myself and that’s not selfish as if I’m not ALL else is eventually lost being an alcoholic.

Your sure taking a big bite of things to move from.

BE WELL
Old 05-16-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
zjw

i kept all my old beers in the fridge when i quit also gallons of wine. about 18 beers and 7 gallons of wine... no i wasnt keeping tabs or nothing no no not me.....

why ? i was scared to let go of it on day one. even at a year or so I was scared to let go of it. I thought what if i /need/ one.

I also felt in some sick fashion that if it was easy for me to get it like that and I could still say no it would make me stronger.

I was probably really playing with fire. in time I let my brothers drink the beer about 2 years later I poured the wine it was bitter sweet to watch it go down the drain...

My point is if you can beat this with your husband drinking in front of you it maybe will make you stronger? Its not always a terrible thing or doesnt have to be i guess.

Hang in there you sound like your doing a good job though.
Old 05-16-2015, 03:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope this can be a turning point for you

D
Old 05-16-2015, 05:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Awesome! Glad to hear you can share good news with your therapist.
Old 05-16-2015, 06:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My session with my therapist went very well. She thinks I am doing a great job. The only reason why she said she suggested a rehab is because sometimes it is the only way to be in an alcohol free environment, and I am so new to my recovery to be around all of this alcohol. But, she said that now that I am in AA and have a sponsor, there is a good chance I can stay sober despite my husband drinking in front of me.

She also told me that she does not think I have any psychiatric diagnoses, but that the only thing I need to work on is getting "charged up." It can work in my favor at times, but it can also create problems for me she said.
Old 05-16-2015, 06:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well, I just finished my exercise and am feeling well. Now I will go get some dinner and then go to an AA meeting. Thankfully, my cravings today for alcohol have only been at most a 2/10 on a 10-point scale. There has also been minimal drama in my life this week as compared to last, so maybe there is a correlation.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Just got out of a meeting. 2 more hours until Day 6. The pressure will be on starting tonight and through Monday with my husband's days off. All I know is that I have a choice whether or not I drink. And that which does not kill me will make me stronger.
Old 05-16-2015, 10:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You can do it Justbreathe- Just keep in mind how great it will be to tell your therapist next week that you did not drink
Old 05-17-2015, 11:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Keep pushing though Justbreathe!! Day 5 is fantastic!!