Notices

stress...

Old 05-16-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

stress...

I have my appointment today for the doctor I'm seeing about weaning off benzos... my boyfriend just learned his sister has acute leukemia.

Sigh NOT a good Saturday.

I want normalcy. Just some. Just for awhile.

It's never been.

I was so irritated at my BF's booze breathe yesterday after a party that I slept on the sofa.

Things are getting worse not better.
Old 05-16-2015, 10:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so nervous about the appointment, and this news, I am nauseous.
Old 05-16-2015, 10:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope your appointment goes well and is of help to you.
Old 05-16-2015, 10:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good luck for your appointment Sleepie!!
Old 05-16-2015, 11:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
zjw

I was so irritated at my BF's booze breathe yesterday after a party that I slept on the sofa.

Things are getting worse not better.
How did you feel about his breath back in your drinking days? I used to snore like crazy it drove my wife NUTS. Now that I dont drink I dont snore and now I have to listen to her snore and it drives me friggen insane and I think how awesome she must be having tolerated me so well all those years!

I never even noticed booze on peoples breathes really before if i did i just thought cool. now it disgusts me. Its possible your not liking it might not be a terrible thing.

"things are getting worse not better"

I dunno in my case I think things just where the same it just totally stunk having to deal with them sober! Not being able to numb myself STUNK. I had to find new ways to calm my s*** down.

But that being said in time things started to get better.

But you knwo even now I find myself thinging danget can i just just go 1, 2, 7 days maybe with no stinking issues is it so hard? Apparently sometimes it is and thats just how it is i guess. Why we gotta try and savor those good moments for all there worth!
Old 05-16-2015, 11:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
zjw

i hope this doc visit goes well and they got a good plan for you to ween off. Man that would be awesome for you.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It's my BF's sister that has me more worked up, really. I'm really scared for her. Anyway whatever.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
zjw

It's my BF's sister that has me more worked up, really. I'm really scared for her. Anyway whatever.
My advice? do something kind for her and your boyfriend be supportive. /BUT/ i'd be careful not to get too stressed and worked up over it considering the fact that it sounds like you got a pretty full plate as is and I'm not sure if you can magically solve her problems? But you can be supportive loving kind etc... but that doesnt mean you have to worry yourself sick or take 2 steps back in your recovery over it? I also think doing something supportive kind and loving might help you feel better too. I find a lot of self worth in myself when i do stuff like that.

Bring her dinner or flowers or osmething?
Old 05-16-2015, 11:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I totally relate to "I just want normalcy, just some, just for a while".
I hit a huge roadblock at 2 years sober and I used to think that all the time. "Please, just ONE DAY where I don't have to feel this way PLEASE. " ouch, life really hurts sometimes, I hope you get a small break really I do.
Old 05-16-2015, 01:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good luck at your doctor's appointment. Benzos are really potent, potentially addictive drugs, so it would be great to eventually get off of them. Fortunately, my husband doesn't really get booze breath, but sometimes after drinking some beer, he will come up and be playful with me, and it will bother me as I then can smell the odor of the beer. And I also know that he is only being playful because of the beer, and sometimes he gets obnoxious with this behavior that I have to push him away.
Old 05-16-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good luck with the appointment sleepie - and best wishes and good thoughts for your bf's sister too.

D
Old 05-16-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks. BF knows that I won't kiss him if he drinks because I don't want even a
hint of alcohol touching my lips. It's his choice and I think it's a s****y one but oh well.