Notices

Taking Your Ego Out Of The Picture

Old 05-10-2015, 09:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Taking Your Ego Out Of The Picture

Years in AA has taught me one thing: Take your ego out of the equation. Whenever someone offends me in any way, it is important that I do not get defensive and "deflate" the situation. To defend myself in any way, I am getting my ego involved and setting myself up to get hurt. So today when someone asked me why I was calling them (which was particularly rude to me), I reacted by simply telling them that maybe I should call someone else. I really wanted to tell them to go to hell, but this would have been counterproductive and against my recovery, even though at the time I have 0 days.

They key is to love everyone. That is what Jesus did, and it worked for him. Yes, I am struggling right now in acquiring consecutive days of sobriety, but what I am doing right is loving those who hurt me. It makes my hangovers a lot better!!!
Old 05-11-2015, 05:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi.
I learned a long time ago it also helps to pray for them, it usually helped me!

BE WELL
Old 05-11-2015, 06:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad you are finding a way to keep sober JustBreathe
Old 05-11-2015, 06:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Even though I am not involved in AA, I just do what it takes to keep me sober. I have ME to keep alcohol-free.

I love and respect others----but don't get in the way of my sobriety
They won't win. I've come too far and I'm not going back.
Have a happy and sober day.
Old 05-11-2015, 06:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
zjw

people always get what they deserve. They get whats coming to them. We reep what we sow we all do.

Theres really no need to lash out at people etc... I know when someone does me wrong I can lash out or walk away wtvr. In the end they will get what htey deserve. I'm not saying they will get some harsh circumstance maybe they will simply learn there lesson or something just as we all have had to learn our lessons at some point or another.

I do my best to just leave this sorta stuff alone and allow it to play out without my interference even thot ht can be hard to do sometimes.