Notices

Less frequent but more intense

Old 05-08-2015, 06:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SDH73 View Post
Thanks, Boleo. For me it's not so much memory or focus, I don't think. It's more like I'm just completely oblivious to things until well after the time for dealing with them has passed. Misreading situations in the moment only to realize later that I had responded in the exact wrong way. That kind of thing.
Wow. I had, and still experience exactly this. I didn't think anyone else had this. One thing of many I love about SR is something weird that I can't even put my finger on - someone else writes or asks about it.

Thus was worst for me between 2 months & 6 months...maybe it eased up sooner than that. I attributed it to PAWS. I would attend work meetings and take lots of notes yet at the end, not be able to tell you what was decided. Frustrating. I'd forget what I watched on TV last night. Someone would tell me the title of a book or a name and it was in one ear, out the other...

I still experience this but it's much less intense or frequent now. I can relate to feeling stupid...I had always felt above average intelligence, Ivy League education, but still feel like the least articulate person in the room now. Word recall and ability to speak in organized thoughts is still stunted. Still have days of foggy brain.

BUT! My brain and speaking ability are by FAR better than when drinking. I think now with a much clearer head and goggles off, I can recognize my brain not working as well as I had always thought.

I'm also pretty sure that it's slowly getting better, so incrementally that I probably can't tell on a daily basis.

I'm gonna look into Vitamin B too.