Notices

Relapsed Again

Old 05-06-2015, 09:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chickippo View Post
alcohol is full of sugar. it also maximises anxiety. you need to work on a toolkit for next time the cravings come calling.

it can be done, and you can do it.

be well.
Alcohol per se doesn’t contain sugar. Pure alcohol has no carbohydrate. Sugar is carbohydrate. Beer has carbohydrates.

Alcohol can have a confusing effect on blood sugar levels because it prevents the liver from producing glucose. One consequence of this is Hypoglycemia which is common among alcoholics

Sugar and carbohydrate-rich foods raise your blood glucose level, while alcohol actually has the opposite effect — it makes your blood sugar drop.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I also don't consume caffeine. It makes me very anxious and can lead to an alcohol relapse to relieve my anxious feelings. I have been feeling so much better without it. I now drink the Diet Coke Caffeine Free kind.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:56 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well the caffeine withdrawal symptoms have finally subsided. They were horrible. Never had then before so I know they were caffeine and not alcohol related. My hangovers last a day. This lasted 9 days! Anyway, I feel SO much better! Anxiety is way down and so far, on day 5, no alcohol cravings whatsoever. Of course, I have felt so awful with the caffeine withdrawal that the last thing that I wanted to do was drink. My serotonin levels have now stabilized so that really helps too.

I will give AA a try again. I guess I just wish that it would modernize a bit. I mean so much research has been done about alcoholism since the 30's and yet the program is still stuck back almost 100 years. Not sure why it can't incorporate new knowledge.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:10 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IOAA2 View Post
" I have big issues far deeper than alcohol which needs addressing."

Hi.

Issues are usually never properly addressed by drinking, that’s called escape and just another undisciplined reason to drink again.

We need to face our demons and work on not drinking as a #1 focus.
It’s called action.

BE WELL
I know mate. I've been releasing the fear by drinking, but it ain't working.

I got to face it head on without drink. And I truly believe I can now do it.