Notices

sigh. the boredom. the anxiety.

Old 05-04-2015, 10:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

sigh. the boredom. the anxiety.

Not sleeping, been lonely and bored today. bf is in the next room, sleeping or playing on his phone. He's always on the phone. He's not a talker.

I hate being lonely. Anxious and been pulling out hairs again.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Sleepie. Are you any good on the arcade games?

D
Old 05-04-2015, 11:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Don't have any. When I get like this I can't concentrate on anything. Reading, tv, walking, tried a few things today.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Still. So. Lonely.
What do I do when I have to face this? drinking was the answer,now it can't be.
I don't have the answer.
Gnawing anxiety.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I meant the arcade games here on SR

I think you need to prepare yourself for a little discomfort in the immediate future - thats pretty much common to everybody...but it will get better
Old 05-04-2015, 11:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

ok.
I just told bf I'm lonely. he went back to sleep on the sofa.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

where are they? I see arcade discussions
Old 05-04-2015, 11:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

nevermind I found it thanks dee
Old 05-04-2015, 11:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

can't play on the laptop it's too touchy. oh well.
sigh no sleep tonight, ten hour work day tomorrow.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey, Sleepie. I'm going through this also right now.
I only just started again to quit (day 3), and I had a really hard time with it tonight. But I eventually cooled down and even did some progressive things that made me feel genuinely good---
But now it's 3am and I can't sleep and I feel numb. I've so much that I could be doing (it's finals week at my school...) but I just can't. I went from feeling triumphant to now being absent. Can't read, been turning on/off movies, lost three chess games in under 20 moves in a row...

I'm sorry I can't offer advice, but maybe knowing someone else is going through what you're going through at the same time helps?
Old 05-04-2015, 11:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

thanks Quiet, the lack of concentration stinks. I can't play chess. Can't do much lately!
Old 05-05-2015, 12:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Definitely. I really can never do much of anything when I'm like this either. The only thing that sometimes help is taking a shower. When I'm really lucky, I can fall asleep after a shower as it makes you feel all warm and clean
Old 05-05-2015, 05:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
zjw

boredom anxiety stinks but I try to meet it these days with. Well this sure beats some troubling news in the mail or some new problem to solve.

Sometimes its nice to just sit and enjoy the peace since its well something i wine so much about how I never get any peace.

I myself was up for 2 hours last night worried about all the things I have to do. could not stop my mind. I just woke up and it was ready to worry me senseless about my todo list this was filled with horrible anxiety and boderline panic. Another night of rest lost for me. I'm used to it anymore it seems every few nights this happens.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:17 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
skg

Boredom?

One of the profound things the folks in the rooms taught me was that peace of mind can easily be misinterpreted as boredom. Without the proper spiritual tools to recognize and nurture serenity, the newly dry alcoholic/addict will fantasize and create mental obsessions to fill the suspicious quietness of life.

When I stopped drinking/drugging, about 90% of the chaos in my life subsided. Turns out, *I* was the one responsible for all the Sh*$#@# going on in my life, and if I weren't acting out, life was relatively calm.

Drinking and my addictions took a great deal of time--I was drinkin' or thinkin' 24/7/365, and my mind was constantly occupied with ME. It is imperative for the new alcoholic to have things to do--thus the cleaning of ashtrays, picking up chairs, getting out of the head by following the feet.

MY experience in early sobriety was that I was fidgety, awoke early, and so I walked alot (without money), picked up rubbish along the walk, and did things for others with the sole intent of not getting caught. Pushing shopping carts back to their racks; replacing stuff in the gym; cleaning the house; offering to help someone move; ANYTHING that didn't involve my old habits and triggers.

There's a book out there titled, "Living Sober," and it's a whole bunch of ideas on staying sober those early days. The only way I was able to get out of my head was to get out of bed.... Get busy--there's an entirely new life out there waiting just for you that only YOU can live.