Notices

Withdrawing bad

Old 04-24-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Withdrawing bad

Hi, Im new today. Don't really know how to use this site yet. I am withdrawing badly from heavy alcohol use. I am shaking, soo itchy, sweating, this is horrible. Please any advice? I lost everything to this horrible addiction. I have quit before. I always go back. I just need to get through this withdrawal. I have never detoxed this bad. I can't go back to rehab, or the hospital. I start a new job on Monday. Any help on how can do this please? TY
Old 04-24-2015, 10:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You may have to go to the ER. You have to be healthy before you start a new job... Just my experience but in the past if withdrawals were bad I wasn't doing much for at least a week, maybe two.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Go to the E.R. Detoxing by yourself is incredibly dangerous. If they tell you that you need to stay you really should. It can only help. They can also give you a prescription if you end up doing this at home.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Newlife47 View Post
Hi, Im new today. Don't really know how to use this site yet. I am withdrawing badly from heavy alcohol use. I am shaking, soo itchy, sweating, this is horrible. Please any advice? I lost everything to this horrible addiction. I have quit before. I always go back. I just need to get through this withdrawal. I have never detoxed this bad. I can't go back to rehab, or the hospital. I start a new job on Monday. Any help on how can do this please? TY
If you do not go the ER, please try and have someone with you. Also, if you start a new job on Monday, don't drink. Try to bare the uncomfortable withdrawals now so you can perform on Monday. If you drink, as you probably know, it will be a disaster. I wish you the very best.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

True- please don't drink for withdrawals, it will just end up making things worse. Update us if you can ok?
Old 04-24-2015, 01:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Newlife - we can't give you medical advice here. It's against our rules.

I really recommend you see a Dr - detox can be dangerous for some of us.

D
Old 04-24-2015, 02:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i've tried to just stop a couple of times and it's never turned out well. the last time i had a mild seizure; if you're experiencing severe withdrawals you might be putting yourself at risk. did you stop today? monday is only a couple of days away and you're likely to still be in obvious withdrawal when you go into your new job.
Old 04-24-2015, 04:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Newlife47 View Post
See a doctor. If you absolutely cannot go do the doctor or ER for some reason, I'd try to do as little as possible, stay in bed, drink lots of water even if I was throwing up, and call a friend to help out if I was alone. If it's really bad, you may not be through it by Monday, which is another reason to see a doctor - meds will significantly reduce the symptoms.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Agree with the others... See a doctor or have someone with you. I ended up in the ER from a withdrawal seizure. Thank God I was with my family; God knows how it would have ended if I were alone.