Notices

Thinking to relapse

Old 04-24-2015, 06:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thinking to relapse

Well its been almost 6 weeks since i quit using meds , im still on meds with half dosage .but for the last two days i started think to relapse and i think im gonna do it in the next two days.

i thought i relapsed in my mind .
Old 04-24-2015, 06:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's a million little moments between deciding to drink and drinking.
A million little opportunities to choose another path, or make a better decision.

why would you want to go back to the life you just left Zvang.
Something must have bought you here.

Re-read your old posts - remind yourself- and make a healthy choice instead.

Relapse is never inevitable

D
Old 04-24-2015, 06:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Remember that they are just thoughts...you don't need to act on them. And Dee is spot on - do you really want to go back to the way it was?
Old 04-24-2015, 06:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

why would you want to go back to the life you just left Zvang.

D
may be cause of the empty life i live now , no job , no friends , alone .
Old 04-24-2015, 06:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by zvang View Post
And how would drinking change any that? The only difference is that you'd be drunk. There are a lot of other things you could to to try and improve your situation - drinking will simply make it all worse.

Here's your first post on SR...do you really think that was a better life?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...need-quit.html
Old 04-24-2015, 08:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Don't relapse

Be proud of 6 weeks and the progress you have made. It will continue to get better if you stay sober. A month and half is a good start.

Good luck.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Zvang, are you feeling well? If you don't have withdrawals and feel well enough maybe you can use this time to enjoy yourself a bit? The library has free movies, and well of course books.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

ahhh, that's just the disease talking. brush it off your shoulder and do the next right thing. a meeting is the first thing I'm thinking of today, how bout you? join me. lets stay sober together.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I remember thinking 'is this as good as recovery gets'. It seemed I was sober and while that made me feel a little better my life was still pretty crap.

It took me a while to realise that getting sober was the first phase...the second phase was doing something about my life so that I was happy in it.

I'm not saying you have to run out and solve everything today - that's not achievable but, as a process over time, real change does happen if we allow it too.

Drinking keeps us the same...not drinking allows us to grow and change and find the things we want to find in our life.

Good luck with the job search...as for friends - do you have any hobbies or interests...maybe thats a way to meet new people?

what about volunteering somewhere in your community? It's a great way to spend some productive time, looks good on your CV and you get to meet all manner of new people.

Volunteering helped me regain a sense of worth and purpose and, while I didn't meet any lifelong friends there, I did re-learn how to connect with people soberly

give it some thought?

D
Old 04-25-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

i did , and relapsed . what i was thought that meds doesnt make me fully sober and im like start being depressed from it . i want stop them so i will feel fully sober and im going to talk to the doctor regarding this .
Old 04-26-2015, 06:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

i did , and relapsed . what i was thought that meds doesnt make me fully sober and im like start being depressed from it . i want stop them so i will feel fully sober and im going to talk to the doctor regarding this .
I think it's good to talk to your doctor about your meds, but I'm not sure they account for your relapse. You have struggled to stay sober for longer than you've been on meds. There is a good chance you'll struggle off the meds if you don't find a program or method of recovery that supports your decision to quit.

In your very first post you said you didn't like AA, found it boring. More boring than the constant cycle of relapse you been going through?
Old 04-26-2015, 11:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good luck on trying to relapse. That is a huge improvement for trying to get sober.