Notices

Alcohol is so vile

Old 04-23-2015, 10:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lillyknitting

Alcohol is so vile

Hi everyone, reading through the posts here and my other support networks ie "mrs d. Is going without" and "living sober", the thought struck me: wine/alcohol is so vile!!! It just takes everything from me. I cannot face another precious day of my life wasted with a hangover, feeling so atrocious I want to die, paranoia, heart pounding in my chest, feeling of impending doom. Head pounding, face hurting like I've been run over by a bus in the night. Feeling nauseous wanting to be sick but can't. Can't do anything feel so hungover let alone wash, shower & brush teeth. Terrible, terrible terrible. (I actually feel sick writing this!).

Phew! Got that off my chest! Lol. These thoughts run through my head now (it's Friday remember!!!!, my classical boozing night), and I just automatically "play the tape to the end" whenever I'm invited once again to the pub. Knowing that if indeed I do go back there, back to that place, for me, of darkness, loneliness and hell, this is what awaits me. Aaaarrrrgggghhh. Instead, I've organized a night in, with myself & a takeaway, shared with my doglets & whoever wants to join me. Happy sober weekend everyone x
Old 04-24-2015, 06:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Way to go lilly. I also feel it's important to remember( on a regular basis ) the damage alcohol did to my life. And also to remember how many times I quit for a while thinking I was "better", only to return to full blown alcoholic drinking within a short period of time.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Nice, happy sober weekend LillyKnitting
Old 04-24-2015, 01:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lillyknitting View Post
Hi everyone, reading through the posts here and my other support networks ie "mrs d. Is going without" and "living sober", the thought struck me: wine/alcohol is so vile!!! It just takes everything from me. I cannot face another precious day of my life wasted with a hangover, feeling so atrocious I want to die, paranoia, heart pounding in my chest, feeling of impending doom. Head pounding, face hurting like I've been run over by a bus in the night. Feeling nauseous wanting to be sick but can't. Can't do anything feel so hungover let alone wash, shower & brush teeth. Terrible, terrible terrible. (I actually feel sick writing this!).

Phew! Got that off my chest! Lol. These thoughts run through my head now (it's Friday remember!!!!, my classical boozing night), and I just automatically "play the tape to the end" whenever I'm invited once again to the pub. Knowing that if indeed I do go back there, back to that place, for me, of darkness, loneliness and hell, this is what awaits me. Aaaarrrrgggghhh. Instead, I've organized a night in, with myself & a takeaway, shared with my doglets & whoever wants to join me. Happy sober weekend everyone x

Hi.
I suggest you print your post so that IF you are tempted to think it wasn’t that bad and I can have one.

I’d call it REMEMBER WHEN.

BE WELL
Old 04-25-2015, 01:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's a big con Lilly .
Brainwashed from an early age we MUST drink to enjoy anything go in life .

Into my fourth year sober now , rarely get any cravings now , even the smell of it is putrid .
Saturday am , back from running by 730am , coffee papers whole day ahead of me , not being hungover and a slave to corporate poison is liberating.