Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Is medication necessary to quit drinking? Does tapeti g work

Notices

Is medication necessary to quit drinking? Does tapeti g work

Old 04-23-2015, 06:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Day 3 was harder and easier then expected I started off stressed out in the morning and yelled at my kids made them cry. I apologized. I got to work and I was very short with some of my customers. Felt like I was having an anxiety attack. I had to step away from my and breathe. I kept drinking water and soda. I had to take a late lunch I was shaking. My hands. I wanted to scream. I ate lunch started feeling better. Thursday is hard. I like or liked to celebrate Thirsty Thursday. Pre Friday happy hour. Anyway. I want this and will keep fighting
Old 04-23-2015, 06:42 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

keep doing this, you'll feel better soon, don't give up
Old 04-23-2015, 06:57 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I think you are doing great. I think many people don't realize that people who use alcohol are using it to medicate. you may have been using it to medicate anxiety. I know I do. what you are feeling may have little to do with physical withdrawal from alcohol and more to do with all those feelings that alcohol used to cover up. (I don't know that, and withdrawal symptoms can be very serious). keep going strong. alcoholism is one HUGE piece of anxiety--destructive on so many levels. to beat this will mean a better life.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:29 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

When I got sober the doctors only allowed me a medication for a few days to prevent a seizure. If they had left me on it no doubt I would have become addicted to it. Be honest with a doctor and they will stir you in the right direction.